Cold smoked cheese, & butter, and thanks Jeff!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Well we were getting low on some smoked cheese and after a week long rat race to get end of the year stuff taken care of it was also time to relax and cross a couple things off the need to try list! The nice thing about Iowa in January...perfect cheese smoking weather!
Screenshot_20220101-152044_Storm Team 4.jpg

Our new cheese cutting board is just too cool!
20220101_144854.jpg

Not a wide variety but needed more cheddar and mozzarella smoked, and added some Muenster cheese as well. Also heard how good Kerry gold butter is smoked so... why not?
20220101_150448.jpg

To go along in the smoke... a tray of paprika.
20220102_153015.jpg

Temps ran about 72 degrees F and would drop to about 56 when I opened door to stir paprika every 30 minutes. Nice tbs coming out

20220101_151947.jpg

Used apple in amnps and about 4 1/2 hours smoke time. Let rest in fridge overnight... dang did it smell good!

20220102_155542.jpg

Of course with all the smoked cream cheese going on it was time to give it a go also. Did two blocks, used two new rubs my friend Keith 912smoker 912smoker sent to us.

20220102_231200.jpg

Haven't had them very long but they are both great! The steak seasoning is prolly 1/4 gone already.

20211231_174649.jpg

This turned out amazing! And was really good with some pepper jelly on a cracker

20211231_202956.jpg

Of course being new years weekend I had to have snacks while waiting on the smoker...so ground round on saltiness with onion, salt and pepper

20220101_155925.jpg

And last but not least ... TulsaJeff TulsaJeff recipe for smoked trail mix! After he forcefully made me watch this video over and over...JK! But saw it and had to make it.
20211231_142940.jpg

Added 1 tbsp of cholula hot sauce. Jeff's recipe said 2 to 4 tbsp but had never tried it before so went light. And the finished pic

20211231_183504.jpg

It turned out really good! Thanks Jeff!

I feel a little bad cuz I never watched the peach dump cake video, so can't make it. I think it was SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan that mentioned he could make it with his eyes closed . Best I could do was I peach booze (peach dump cake for the chewing impaired)! These lovely marinated peaches you could dump down your throat. But highly suggest no driving after consuming!

20220102_231833.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Ryan

Looks like a successful day! Everything looks awesome, real tasty! I’m a fan of liquid deserts as well, we have to choose the calories wisely! Now that temp dropped here snd snow started falling, I need to get the cheese run too and catch up!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks like a bunch of awesome eating nice job other than the stuff for the crackers

Nice job indeed. That cream cheese looks ever so yummy. I assume it was smoked at a higher temp than your regular cheese and butter?

Wow! Great stuff right there! Everything looks good!

What temperature did you smoke that cream cheese at?
Thank you, I appreciate that! I think it was around 200 to 225...did it new years eve so might have been some fluid intake going on! It was smoked along with the snack mix so I was opening the door every 20 to 30 minutes to stir that.

Ryan

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Wow you had a cheesy day for sure.

like Justin said everything looks great ... well maybe not the burger cracker ..lol

And nice to be able to wash it down with some liquid Dump Cake

David
Thanks David! I appreciate it! It was fun to do them all and get a couple things off the to try list.

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks like a successful day! Everything looks awesome, real tasty! I’m a fan of liquid deserts as well, we have to choose the calories wisely! Now that temp dropped here snd snow started falling, I need to get the cheese run too and catch up!
Thanks Jed! I should start watching my calories too! But it isn't any fun! And you can keep the snow... so far getting a snowblower for my son is working well...it's kept the snow away so far, knock on wood!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
All looks great! I've got 6 blocks of cream cheese that I'm going to do this weekend.
Thanks Steve! It was fun doing the cheese finally! So many different ways to try!

Ryan

Looks like a successful day at the smoker! Load my plate with everything except whatever the hell is on that cracker lol
Thanks Jake! Guess it must be more of a local thing. I actually called into our small town grocery store to reserve some...they were in the process of grinding another batch.

Ryan

Thanks Jed! I should start watching my calories too! But it isn't any fun! And you can keep the snow... so far getting a snowblower for my son is working well...it's kept the snow away so far, knock on wood!

Ryan
I know this is nothing for some people, but here in the DC area it is…..for my family whose only known SoCal weather it definitely is! We’ll keep the snow for a bit Ryan, my kids are enjoying this new thing for them, but fond memory of my youth, called “Snow Day”
2378A626-2574-4014-AD02-8A2115034339.jpeg
DDB23915-BB14-4761-955F-66AF8D539052.jpeg
539F8608-DF92-4CCC-8487-2E1B7031097D.jpeg

Looks like a bunch of awesome eating nice job other than the stuff for the crackers
Thanks Jerry! It was definitely good! So far I know who to invite invite over...cuz none of ya are gonna touch my ground round! :emoji_laughing: . My wife won't touch it but my kids sure like it.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Nice job indeed. That cream cheese looks ever so yummy. I assume it was smoked at a higher temp than your regular cheese and butter?
Thank you, I appreciate it! And yes, I smoked it with the snack mix so about 200 to 225.

Ryan

I’ve been wanting to try a block of smoked cream cheese with pepper jelly. Yours looks delicious!
Thank you! It was delicious with some pepper jelly! Only problem is we didn't have much pepper jelly left.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
And it's only polite to share...

20220103_105718.jpg

And we do have snow...it's across the road in the field! I'm good with that.
But do know our time will come.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky