COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH - CHEESE SMOKING????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well, last night when I hit the hay it was 65 degrees. Up at 5 am central it was 41. Now 33 at 6 am. Suppose to rebound with a high of 41. May do a small cheese smoke.

It's even going to cool down a bit down here.
I have cheese from last season, but I sure would like to make some lox!
Al

Warm up here today,but going down to the teens tonight
Richie
It's been a hot summer and fall. Glad it is getting colder. Deer (rifle) season starts on the 15th. My food plot behind the house is up and doing good. Cameras show does and young bucks right now. It gets good after the first of the year. I don't shoot anything on my place but the big bucks. I let all the others walk. I enjoy filming them from the shooting house. Seen and filmed some funny stuff back there over the years.

Reactions: chopsaw
I still have some as well. I want to smoke some American white cheese. Have you smoked that one before? I have not.

No I haven't, but I bet I've smoked just about every other kind of cheese out there. We found that our favorite is Muenster. So that is the only cheese I smoke anymore. I buy the whole block still in the cryovac at Wally World. They usually look at me like I'm nuts.
Al

I did cheese 2 weeks ago and had to turn the heating element on twice to keep the smoker temperature above freezing. Canadian summers are too short!

Well, last night when I hit the hay it was 65 degrees. Up at 5 am central it was 41. Now 33 at 6 am. Suppose to rebound with a high of 41. May do a small cheese smoke.

Similar thing is supposed to happen here tonight- I'll for sure be following suit!

Its 0* degrees here right now, sounds like some of you guy's are in a heat wave lol.
Anyways wife works at a cheese maker and often brings home cheese. I have to try smoking some, when it warms up of coarse.

No I haven't, but I bet I've smoked just about every other kind of cheese out there. We found that our favorite is Muenster. So that is the only cheese I smoke anymore. I buy the whole block still in the cryovac at Wally World. They usually look at me like I'm nuts.
Al
Al, I just got back from Walmart. I looked into the American White cheese. It appeared from what I saw written on the block that it is a processed cheese product. Didn't buy it but I bought 1/2 block of Sharp White Cheddar. 100% real cheese. The little old lady behind the deli counter said, SON! What cha gonna do with all that cheese. hahahaha!

Reactions: SmokinAl
27 degrees and lake effect snow at the moment here. I just picked up about 70 pounds of different cheeses yesterday for smoking this weekend. I do it for friends. I'll be posting pics once I get going on it...
Man, that's a lot of cheese. I give lots away as well.

Its 0* degrees here right now, sounds like some of you guy's are in a heat wave lol.
Anyways wife works at a cheese maker and often brings home cheese. I have to try smoking some, when it warms up of coarse.
Good deal that wife can get free cheese. Yep in major heat wave compared yo you guys. Stay warm.

I don't think so but really not sure. Probably melt but again not sure.

i was able to on my Gasser over very low indirect heat with my maze pellet. it was i the mid 60s had to keep a close eye on it. cought right before too much melting happened. im going to try again when it gets colder here

i was able to on my Gasser over very low indirect heat with my maze pellet. it was i the mid 60s had to keep a close eye on it. cought right before too much melting happened. im going to try again when it gets colder here
We love Velveeta. Gonna give it a shot and watch the temps really close.

Wow, I’m looking forward to some cold smoking , lox and cheese, and the temps plummeted here. It was so cold this morning , I had to roll my sleeves down. All the way! Can you imagine? I think the temps fell to 59 overnight! Maybe another month or two before cold smoking?

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky