Cold Blustery Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
We bought a 1/4 beef from a local farmer this winter. I was digging through the freezer and found these ribs that I forgot all about.
It was cold and windy outside but they cooked up beautifully. Sea salt and CBP was used on the ribs and a pot of homemade baked beans.

8432837D-34FF-41A8-B77B-859D2FDBA89E.jpeg

CC544BFF-C263-4F63-8B7C-DD362784982F.jpeg

Mouthwatering! Mine are gong on shortly! Love the Dutch oven for the beans, it’s on my wishlist for Christmas.

Reactions: Ishi
WOW them look great! we had a cold snap with snow over night here too...its getting to be that time. I best be checking the snowblower

Mmmmm... Nice thick chunks of beef on a stick, nice sear/bark.
How were these cooked, smoked, grilled, smoked/grilled?

And tell me more about those dutch oven beans, is that bacon or similar I see atop them?
The ribs were smoked for 8-9 hours on the RecTec around 225-230 degrees.
The beans are my own concoction with homemade bacon.
I started a thread a while back on my general recipe. They were also smoked on the RecTec for 4 hours.
I’m not having any luck on coping the link. Go to my profile and check out my started threads.
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Everything looks great Ishi. Especially them ribs.

Point for sure
Chris

Ahhh Man---That's some Mighty Fine Looking Eating Right There, Ishi !!!
Now I'm really Hungry!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

I need to know how you did the ribs. I have done beef ribs & they were nasty. Whats your secret?
Three of my Short Rib cooks.
Behemoth Beef Ribs
Adam's Rib? Nope IMPS #130 Chuck Short Ribs
Bodacious Beef Ribs, No More Teasing Time to Start Pleasing

Trim the fat cap off, no need to remove the membrane on the bones.
Season with S&P, SPOG and/or anything else you like, but just plain S&P is great.
Smoker to 275°-300°, Oak, Hickory, Mesquite, Cherry.
Place bones down.
I don't wrap mine, I prefer a straight cook all the way.
Smoke till they probe tender, somewhere in the range of 200°-205°.
Some short ribs are so full of intramuscular fat that going an hour beyond probe tender just helps to render more out with no adverse effects.

Reactions: beeboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky