• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cloth Casings

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 11, 2007
Been using them for years making deer bologna & smoked sausage. Great smoke penetration & no blowouts . My mother used to make them for me with unbleached muslin but with her age not going to ask her to do that. Can I ask where u are buying them? I get red stitch for pork & white stitch for whitetail. Easy to tell what u have when looking in freezer.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Been using them for years making deer bologna & smoked sausage. Great smoke penetration & no blowouts . My mother used to make them for me with unbleached muslin but with her age not going to ask her to do that. Can I ask where u are buying them? I get red stitch for pork & white stitch for whitetail. Easy to tell what u have when looking in freezer.
Butcher Supply Company, Tennessee. Not sure if i can post their link, but should be easy to find.

I have red stitched ones and white stitched ones . 25 of each.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Sweet. I bought from them few years ago. Wasnt vac sealed then. I like using bags alot.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 11, 2007
Butcher Supply Company, Tennessee. Not sure if i can post their link, but should be easy to find.

I have red stitched ones and white stitched ones . 25 of each.
That's same place I been getting from for years but never had them vac sealed. Just put in a box. Mine came out to almost .60 a piece with shipping & handling but still a good price. This is for the 2# bags. Locally they want $1 each.

Last edited:

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I just bought 25 of the 2 lb red stitched . Came out to $22 and some change shipped .
Can't wait for them to show up .

Vac pac might be related to current times . Don't want to start that conversation . Just a thought .

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
I'm lucky my wife makes mine. Material she uses is unbleached muslin. It comes in different thickness she gets the thinner one.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.