Cloth Casings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
My cloth bags got here today.

Ordered 50.

They look nice, came vacuum sealed.

20201210_172831.jpg

Been using them for years making deer bologna & smoked sausage. Great smoke penetration & no blowouts . My mother used to make them for me with unbleached muslin but with her age not going to ask her to do that. Can I ask where u are buying them? I get red stitch for pork & white stitch for whitetail. Easy to tell what u have when looking in freezer.

Been using them for years making deer bologna & smoked sausage. Great smoke penetration & no blowouts . My mother used to make them for me with unbleached muslin but with her age not going to ask her to do that. Can I ask where u are buying them? I get red stitch for pork & white stitch for whitetail. Easy to tell what u have when looking in freezer.
Butcher Supply Company, Tennessee. Not sure if i can post their link, but should be easy to find.

I have red stitched ones and white stitched ones . 25 of each.

Sweet. I bought from them few years ago. Wasnt vac sealed then. I like using bags alot.

Butcher Supply Company, Tennessee. Not sure if i can post their link, but should be easy to find.

I have red stitched ones and white stitched ones . 25 of each.
That's same place I been getting from for years but never had them vac sealed. Just put in a box. Mine came out to almost .60 a piece with shipping & handling but still a good price. This is for the 2# bags. Locally they want $1 each.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
I just bought 25 of the 2 lb red stitched . Came out to $22 and some change shipped .
Can't wait for them to show up .

Vac pac might be related to current times . Don't want to start that conversation . Just a thought .

I'm lucky my wife makes mine. Material she uses is unbleached muslin. It comes in different thickness she gets the thinner one.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky