• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

cleaning the temp probe

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 26, 2020
What does everybody use to clean the temp probe in the smoker. I have tried white vinegar, grill cleaner but I cannot get it clean and shiny. I don't want to put too much pressure against it don't want to damage it.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I use Emery cloth, the same stuff I use to clean copper pipe with before I solder a pipe fitting .

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 11, 2007
I use alcohol wipes. Most times after a smoke & always before.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Probably not recommended but I usually just use a little spit on my finger and the shirt I'm wearing to wipe it off because I'm probably just to lazy to walk back in the house to get something. :emoji_anguished: , so I would follow the other responses first.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 26, 2020
will have to get one of those scotch pads, Didn't know you could use a pad like that. didn't want to damage it. thanks for the advise.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.