Cleaning Sausage Stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

countryrocker212

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Illinois
Hi i just picked up an new LEM ultimate 10lb stuffer. Im extremely impressed with the quality but as far as instructions there is really nothing. Does anyone have this stuffer that nows how far to break it down to clean it? Im assuming remove the cylinder head and piston and sanitize everything else? Any imput would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm curious too...I have only used Stuffing tubes on Grinders...JJ

wash in warm soapy water. towel dry then I use a sanitizer. to finish I spray everything with a silicone spray

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I can't submerge my entire stuffer though. Here is a picture
d03650d7-0287-84d5.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

the chassis I wipe down and sanitize. the canister and everything else I take out wash

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you shouldnt need to take the main shaft out.

Nice stuffer........ The only parts that need to be cleaned are the parts that come in contact with meat or your hands.. For parts that do not touch the meat like the base and upper part you can place saran wrap over it before stuffing to keep it clean so you wont have to wash it. Just remove the saran rap after stuffing and its stays clean. Most of the time you should only wash the canister tubes and pusher parts and handle.

When cleaning I use dawn liquid, Sanitizer is really not needed but if you prefer, use it and a clean, bleached light scour pad and a tooth brush to clean the equipment. Don't use that  old stinky dish rag or pad that's full of bacteria poo that's been sitting there........ It is very important to get all the nooks and crannies to get any residual meat out of the stuffer or grinder. I have seen people not remove the o-ring or the relief valve and just wash the pusher... This is not good. We talk about safe meat handling practices a lot but we don't talk about proper cleaning of our equipment. Through my years of making sausage I have seen improperly cleaned equipment with residual meat residue and is the cause of ( sorry but I have to say this ) diarrhea. Properly/thoroughly cleaned equipment will ensure your next sausage experience will be a pleasant one for you and your friends.

I also would recommend not lubricating your stuffer for storage. The lubricant will attract dust. Lightly oil the o-ring and run the pusher down into the canister and place a kitchen trash bag over the top of the stuffer or grinder and store.....

Joe

Yep thats exactly what i have and where i got it from. Great customer service and fast shipping.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky