Cleaning racks for your smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wayne p

Original poster
Sep 12, 2015
Defiance oh.
I have been spraying my racks with Pam before I put them in the smoker to help with the cleaning. But when done still have a heck of a job getting the racks clean. Does anyone have any ideas other than what I am already doing as to how to keep the racks clean?

Wayne,

What type of meats are you smoking?   I always use PAM on the grates of my smokers which causes no sticking and much easier cleaning.  But I mainly smoke fish, so that might have an impact.   What type of smoker are you using?

I use Pam also on everything that I smoke. But never thought about the power washer. I will give it a try this weekend. Am going to try some tilapia fillets and then some jerky so my racks should be pretty dirty by then. Thanks.

I use pam but ever since I got my frog mats or A maze n "Q" mats them are the best since sliced bread 

DS 

I just scrub mine and knock the big crud off and leave the rest of the seasoning on there.

With that said once a year I give them a good soak and scrub. I fill a large tub with hot water vinegar and dawn soap. Let soak for a good hour. Scrub with Brillo pad and rinse. They will shine.

I smoke everything. Mainly chicken and pork but do jerky brisket, fish and anything else the kids bring me to smoke. It is just that I like to keep my racks nice and clean and leave the rest of the smoker seasoned.
I

Not real often, but when I need to really clean my smoker grates, I spray them down with Easy-Off, place them into a plastic bag, but the bag in the sun for a few hours, and then take them to the car wash.

Nasty business, but works pretty well.

Most of the time, I do as Dirt Sailor, wire brush the big stuff, and leave the seasoning...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky