Chucky for Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
We've been eating alot of pig n foul out of the freezer lately so I thought I'd change things up just a little. Saw this little 3 1/2# "chucky" sitting all by its self in the case. Being empty nesters it's just the right size. A little SPOG and it's sitting in the frig. 1700hr dinner bell with my better-half. Thawing out some pan-fried gravy to go with some sort of taters.

20191228_093750_resized.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
Fired the PB up at 1430hrs on pre-heat and set the Grilla Alpha Dual Smoke to 250* on Pro smoke. After 1/2 hour, flopped the chuck in the center of the grates, closed the top and walked away. At 1700hrs I thought of trying something a little different for me. I removed the chuck, removed two grates, opened the sear gate and cranked her up to 500* on mode #1, PID, replaced the center grate. After a couple on minutes I had a good rip roaring fire. Reverse seared chucky for 2 minutes on each side, this was he 1st time I've used this function. Turned out pretty good, great flavor and juicy. Guess I'll be headed in to town today to buy some taters, celery, carrots, and a bag of succotash to make a nice pot of stew. And yes, that'll be done in the pit also in cast iron.

20191228_170853_resized_1.jpg
20191228_172515_resized.jpg

Reactions: SmokinAl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky