Chucky Burnt Ends (with Mopar Powered “Hemi” Sauce)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks tasty!
icon14.gif
I Thank You Sir!!!

Bear

Those look really tasty, Bear!
What's going on with chuck roasts? I was wanting to do a chuckle this weekend and wanted to try the burnt ends, but the grocers are asking $6.99# (!!)

Those look really tasty, Bear!
What's going on with chuck roasts? I was wanting to do a chuckle this weekend and wanted to try the burnt ends, but the grocers are asking $6.99# (!!)
Thank You!

I don't know----That's about our regular price too----This one was on sale at $3.99.

Was only a couple years ago, I could get them at $1.99 !!!

I guess it'll never get much lower again---Have to turn Vegan----NOT !!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bear

Those really look good Bear. I've been thinking about trying them after reading some of yours, and other people's recipes.

Can I ask though, how much of a difference is just doing the roast and cutting it into cubes to eat? Does the extra step in the smoker make it that much better?

Chad

Those really look good Bear. I've been thinking about trying them after reading some of yours, and other people's recipes.

Can I ask though, how much of a difference is just doing the roast and cutting it into cubes to eat? Does the extra step in the smoker make it that much better?

Chad
Thank You Chad,

That's a Great Question!!

I ate two pieces while I was cubing it before I sauced them & put them back in.

The cubes were great at that point !!

The only advantage I see in putting them back in is a little more smoke & the searing of the BBQ sauce.

Most people do that last step for 2 to 3 hours. I think 1 hour would be plenty & just as good.

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Last edited:
Great looking burnt ends Bear!!! I have done the same as the brisket prices here in NJ are out of sight!!!

PS....where can we get that sauce?

Points for sharing!!

points.gif

Great looking burnt ends Bear!!! I have done the same as the brisket prices here in NJ are out of sight!!!

PS....where can we get that sauce?

Points for sharing!!

points.gif
Thank You Sauced !!

Some Dodge Dealers have it, but it's on the Internet for around $9 for 18 ounce jar.

I also saw a 4 piece set for $24.95---Two different 18 ounce Hemi BBQ sauces, and two smaller jars of two different Hemi Mustards.

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Your burnt ends looked great - gotta try 'em,   Tell me, what's the purpose of the 3 closepins laying beside your smoking tray? 

Your burnt ends looked great - gotta try 'em,   Tell me, what's the purpose of the 3 closepins laying beside your smoking tray? 
Thank You Backpacker!!

Clothes Pins???---Follow this closely--It's a little strange:

If you look at the picture of the inside of my smoker, you can see my Maverick cable hanging straight down, with the sensor just below the rack.

Then if you look close at the Picture of the smoke coming out of my top vent, you can see a clothes pin laying on the top vent.

That clothes pin is pinching the cable at a point that keeps the Maverick sensor right where I want it, so it can't slip down or up, out of position.

When I was using my Stainless Steel MES 40 Generation 1, I used to just put a piece of electrical tape on the cable, but the tape doesn't stick to the Black finish on my Generation #2.5.

I keep 3 clothes pins handy, because I sometimes use 3 sensors & cables.

Bear

Thanks for the reply, Bear,

The pictures of the clothes pins I was referring to was the 4th & 5th pictures where they are laying beside your smoking tray inside a foil pan.  One of them in pic 5, looks pretty burned up.  

I do like the idea of the clothes pin holding the temp sensor in position, and that's the way I set mine up today.

By the way, I'm trying your spare rib recipe today.

Again, thanks,

Backpacker

Thanks for the reply, Bear,

The pictures of the clothes pins I was referring to was the 4th & 5th pictures where they are laying beside your smoking tray inside a foil pan.  One of them in pic 5, looks pretty burned up.  

I do like the idea of the clothes pin holding the temp sensor in position, and that's the way I set mine up today.

By the way, I'm trying your spare rib recipe today.

Again, thanks,

Backpacker
In pics #4 and #5---That's just where I keep them until I use them.

The one that looks burned up is just all black from laying in the top vent, getting a lot of heat & smoke coming through.

Mrs Bear got me a bag of 50 at the Dollar Store, so I can change them now & then.

Hope you like those Spares!!

Bear

Last edited:
They had to have been pretty darn good, cause I'm drooling over them almost a month later.

Points.
Thank You Chile!!

Bear
Yeah,Bear. The spares turned out great- as do all of your recipes.

Thanks,
Backpacker
That's Great Backpacker!!

Glad you liked it !!
icon14.gif

Which one did you use?

Did you add a post to the Step by Step you used?

Bear

Hey Bear,

I used the "A Pair of Spares Beats a Full House" recipe.  And, yeah, I did add a post - but it was tonight.  

Again, thanks Bear for all you do and your help,

Backpacker

Hey Bear,

I used the "A Pair of Spares Beats a Full House" recipe.  And, yeah, I did add a post - but it was tonight.  

Again, thanks Bear for all you do and your help,

Backpacker
Thanks BP----I found it !

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky