Chucky Burnt Ends (with Mopar Powered “Hemi” Sauce)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chucky Burnt Ends (with Mopar Powered “Hemi” Sauce)

Note: I will be moving this to my "Step by Step" Index.
So I finally got around to making some of these “Chucky Burnt Ends”.
No, at $3.99 (sale price), I’m not going to call them “Poor Man’s Burnt Ends”!
I decided to try the Mopar Hemi Powered BBQ Sauce that I got from a Buddy of mine who works at a Dodge Dealer.

Day #1 (Prepping Roast--3LB, 8oz):

Coat with Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce.
Then Sprinkle CBP, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Rub.
Put Roast on Wire cooling rack, in Foil Pan, cover with plastic wrap, and put in fridge over night.

Day #2 (Smoking):

8:00 AM——Preheat MES 40 to 260°. Also fill AMNPS with Hickory Pellets, and light one end.
9:00 AM——Put Pan of meat on Rack #2 (6 position MES), and AMNPS on right side of bottom rack.
9:00 AM——46° IT
9:30 AM——81° IT
10:00 AM—-109° IT
10:30 AM—-129° IT
11:00 AM—-142° IT
11:30 AM—-151° IT
12 Noon——158° IT——Somewhat of a Stall from Noon to after 2 PM.
12:30 PM—-160° IT
1:00 PM——163° IT
1:30 PM——165° IT
2:00 PM——167° IT
2:30 PM——171° IT
3:00 PM——178° IT
3:30 PM——185° IT
3:45 PM——190° IT Remove from Smoker, Cut into cubes, Sauce & Stir, and return to Smoker @ 260°.
4:30 PM——Stir Cubes.
5:00 PM——Stir Cubes.
5:30 PM——Pull Pan from smoker for Supper.

These were Very Tasty & Tender !!

Bear

Started with a Nice 3 lb 8 oz Chuck Roast:
IMG_0460.jpg

Here’s all the things I used for this project:
IMG_0461.jpg

Here we are, ready for an over night rest in the fridge, before smoking:
IMG_0464.jpg

Hickory Loaded, and lit the best little Smoke generator around: IMHO
IMG_0465.jpg

Flame out, smoke starting:
IMG_0466.jpg

All set to go:
IMG_0469.jpg

Nice Medium Smoke coming from top vent:
IMG_0473.jpg

Pulled at 190° IT, and ready to be cubed:
IMG_0476.jpg

Chucky cubed and sauced with “Mopar Hemi Sauce”:
IMG_0477.jpg

Here’s a shot of that “Mopar Hemi Sauce”—Good Stuff:
IMG_0462.jpg

One more shot of that Hemi Powered Mopar Sauce, by Dodge:
IMG_0463.jpg

Fresh out of the Smoker:
IMG_0479.jpg

Here’s a Closer Look of those Tasty Morsels:
IMG_0480.jpg

Bear’s First Helping—Burnt Ends, Roasted Red Taters, and a Red Beet Pickled Egg:
IMG_0482.jpg

One more closer look:
IMG_0481.jpg

Last edited:
Nice plate Bear!

I'm with you, they sure aren't poor mans burnt ends.

After doing a bunch myself I prefer the ones from brisket better.

I like the texture of the brisket meat.

That being said your burnt ends look fantastic & I bet they tasted fantastic too.

Point!

Al

They look great.   Something I have to try.

I have been in a Dodge dealership for 20 years, aint ever seen that sauce.     Bet it was zippy.

Looks Good, Nice plate and great job as always  
drool.gif

I've never seen that sauce ?

points1.png

Nice plate Bear!

I'm with you, they sure aren't poor mans burnt ends.

After doing a bunch myself I prefer the ones from brisket better.

I like the texture of the brisket meat.

That being said your burnt ends look fantastic & I bet they tasted fantastic too.

Point!

Al
Thank You Al !!

My Stores only have expensive Flats, but these were Very Tasty.

I still got about one meal's worth of these little cubes left.

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Bear I never seen that sauce,will check next week when I go for oil change. How was the sauce any way. Points 

Richie

They look great.   Something I have to try.

I have been in a Dodge dealership for 20 years, aint ever seen that sauce.     Bet it was zippy.
Thank You Adam!!

I liked it---A bit sweeter than I like, but the little heat it has helped to counter that sweetness.

I guess I could say it was High Performance, with the "Mo-Power".

Bear

Bear I never seen that sauce,will check next week when I go for oil change. How was the sauce any way. Points 

Richie
Thank You Richie!!

Some say they don't like the "Hemi" Sauce, but I do.

However I'm not sure if anyone has it any more---I had this jar for quite awhile (Unopened).

Bear

Bear, I've been looking all over. What size pans and cooling/baking racks do you use?

We have the same smoker and I have 5 different sizes of disposable aluminum pans but can never figure out your combo...

Bear, I've been looking all over. What size pans and cooling/baking racks do you use?

We have the same smoker and I have 5 different sizes of disposable aluminum pans but can never figure out your combo...
I use the 8" X 10" (1/2 size) wire cooling rack, and it fits real nice in the bottom of the pans I use.

You don't want to put two of them on one smoker rack of the MES 40. There isn't enough space around them for air flow.

Bear

Looks delicious, Bear! I do love burnt ends.

I have been out of town. Every year we go to an away game for our football team (Go, BC Lions!) and have been in Toronto where they won. We also toured wine country and hit several fine restaurants. Sadly, while I had some good food, it just isn't as good as at home. I am really glad to be back.

Thanks for letting me know about the post. I do intend to try a dedicated burnt ends project soon.

Points for spurring me on!

Disco

Awesome job Bear, that all looks really good ! I could take a plate bout now, very nice ! Thumbs Up

Looks delicious, Bear! I do love burnt ends.

I have been out of town. Every year we go to an away game for our football team (Go, BC Lions!) and have been in Toronto where they won. We also toured wine country and hit several fine restaurants. Sadly, while I had some good food, it just isn't as good as at home. I am really glad to be back.

Thanks for letting me know about the post. I do intend to try a dedicated burnt ends project soon.

Points for spurring me on!

Disco
Thank You Disco!!

Go BC Lions!!! and Nittany Lions too!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky