Chuckies--Two--With Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chuckies--Two--With Qview

I'll try to make this short, because I basically did about the same thing as I have done many times before, and pretty much the same as the one in my "step by step", in my signature, except this is two chuckies again, instead of one.

Previous Chucky Smokes:

Single:

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/95677/chuckie-with-qview[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Another Double:[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/102824/twin-chuckies-with-qview[/font]

Back To These Two Chuckies:

I used Hickory in my AMNS this time, Paul's (Beer-B-Q) rub on top of Worcestershire Sauce (thick), and held 225˚ to 235˚ the whole time.

OOOPS---I forgot to mention---I sprinkled some Brown sugar on them, just before putting them in the smoker!

I did not insert my meat probes until 4 hours in, at which time, the one was at 161˚, and the other one was at 155˚.

I foiled them at 168˚ and 171˚, and added to each package (after bringing to boil):

1 ounce of Sweet Baby Ray's

1 ounce of Ken's Teriyaki Marinade

3 ounces of Apple Juice

2 ounces of water

I cut the heat at 4 PM, when they were at 200˚ and 209˚, after 9 hours in smoker, and removed them at 4:50 for pulling.

The one that was at 209˚ fell apart much nicer than the one that was at 200˚.

I also saved the juice from the packages, separated the fat from it, and it was awesome Au Jus.

I like to use that on the roll, instead of BBQ sauce.

All tasted Great.

Qview to follow.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Todays Victims---2 Chuckies---3.2 pounds, and 3.6 pounds.

I Didn't need the mustard---I thought I didn't have enough Worcestershire Sauce (thick):

eb7f9146_DSC01940.jpg

Rubbed & ready for overnighting in fridge:

b3505e63_DSC01942.jpg

Fresh out of smoker:

5614a2b9_DSC01947.jpg

Pulled and ready for sammies.

Picture of sammies was bad.

If I don't forget, I'll take a couple more pics tonight, to try to get a good one.

Maybe I was drooling on the lens???

97d714a3_DSC01950.jpg

Little snack the next night:

f6dfb854_DSC01952.jpg

Closer look-----For even closer look, left click to zoom in:

52fa705f_DSC01953.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You Al !

And thanks for reminding me about the bark.

I just edited my post to tell that I sprinkled some Brown Sugar on each Chuckie just before putting them in the smoker!

Thanks,

Bear

Gonna definitely have to agree, mighty fine looking chuckies.  When I hear comments like, oh, it's burn't, I mumble something akin to "Oh, I guess I'll just have to eat my mistakes." 

Sorry, yours look burn't.  Might as well send them to me......  at ..........
biggrin.gif

Gonna definitely have to agree, mighty fine looking chuckies.  When I hear comments like, oh, it's burn't, I mumble something akin to "Oh, I guess I'll just have to eat my mistakes." 

Sorry, yours look burn't.  Might as well send them to me......  at ..........
biggrin.gif
Sorry Dave, that burnt stuff is more than half gone, and won't make it to sundown tonight.

Had to give my Son & his Mrs some, and then Mrs Bear was really hogging it down.  
rose.gif

I might have had a little too..........

Thanks,

Bear

Bear, my friend, you have again succeeded in rousing my taste buds in the early morning hours here in Southwestern Virginia!  Everything I have seen you fix since I have been back here at SMF has been fantastic! Those Chuckies look absolutely great.  It has been a while since I did a chucky so I think I'll pick one or two up at Food City and lay the smoke to them using your recipe of course. I'll try to see if mine look anywhere as good as yours do Bear.

Your Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot RibKing, Jakerz, Paul, Les, Todd, and Elly!

Bear

Love me some Chuckie...They look great Bear. With everyone liking them so much maybe next time you will have to smoke THREE..
drool.gif
See Below:
Look great Bear, well done. If they keep disappearing so fast maybe make 4 of 'em next time....
What are you two trying to get me FAT ??  
biggrin.gif

Thanks Guys,

Bear

Bear, my friend, you have again succeeded in rousing my taste buds in the early morning hours here in Southwestern Virginia!  Everything I have seen you fix since I have been back here at SMF has been fantastic! Those Chuckies look absolutely great.  It has been a while since I did a chucky so I think I'll pick one or two up at Food City and lay the smoke to them using your recipe of course. I'll try to see if mine look anywhere as good as yours do Bear.

Your Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif
Thank you for the very kind words, Barry !!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky