• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuckies--Two--With Qview

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Chuckies--Two--With Qview

I'll try to make this short, because I basically did about the same thing as I have done many times before, and pretty much the same as the one in my "step by step", in my signature, except this is two chuckies again, instead of one.

Previous Chucky Smokes:

Single:

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/95677/chuckie-with-qview[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Another Double:[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/102824/twin-chuckies-with-qview[/font]

Back To These Two Chuckies:

I used Hickory in my AMNS this time, Paul's (Beer-B-Q) rub on top of Worcestershire Sauce (thick), and held 225˚ to 235˚ the whole time.

OOOPS---I forgot to mention---I sprinkled some Brown sugar on them, just before putting them in the smoker!

I did not insert my meat probes until 4 hours in, at which time, the one was at 161˚, and the other one was at 155˚.

I foiled them at 168˚ and 171˚, and added to each package (after bringing to boil):

1 ounce of Sweet Baby Ray's

1 ounce of Ken's Teriyaki Marinade

3 ounces of Apple Juice

2 ounces of water

I cut the heat at 4 PM, when they were at 200˚ and 209˚, after 9 hours in smoker, and removed them at 4:50 for pulling.

The one that was at 209˚ fell apart much nicer than the one that was at 200˚.

I also saved the juice from the packages, separated the fat from it, and it was awesome Au Jus.

I like to use that on the roll, instead of BBQ sauce.

All tasted Great.

Qview to follow.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Todays Victims---2 Chuckies---3.2 pounds, and 3.6 pounds.

I Didn't need the mustard---I thought I didn't have enough Worcestershire Sauce (thick):

Rubbed & ready for overnighting in fridge:

Fresh out of smoker:

Pulled and ready for sammies.

Picture of sammies was bad.

If I don't forget, I'll take a couple more pics tonight, to try to get a good one.

Maybe I was drooling on the lens???

Little snack the next night:

Closer look-----For even closer look, left click to zoom in:

Last edited:

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks great Bear! Love that bark!   

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thank You Al !

And thanks for reminding me about the bark.

I just edited my post to tell that I sprinkled some Brown Sugar on each Chuckie just before putting them in the smoker!

Thanks,

Bear

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Gonna definitely have to agree, mighty fine looking chuckies.  When I hear comments like, oh, it's burn't, I mumble something akin to "Oh, I guess I'll just have to eat my mistakes." 

Sorry, yours look burn't.  Might as well send them to me......  at ..........

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Gonna definitely have to agree, mighty fine looking chuckies.  When I hear comments like, oh, it's burn't, I mumble something akin to "Oh, I guess I'll just have to eat my mistakes." 

Sorry, yours look burn't.  Might as well send them to me......  at ..........
Sorry Dave, that burnt stuff is more than half gone, and won't make it to sundown tonight.

Had to give my Son & his Mrs some, and then Mrs Bear was really hogging it down.  

I might have had a little too..........

Thanks,

Bear

jakerz66

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 7, 2011
That is some fine looking beef, it making me hungrynjust looking at the pictures.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thank You Terry & Craig!

Bear

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
Love me some Chuckie...They look great Bear. With everyone liking them so much maybe next time you will have to smoke THREE..

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Great Job Bear!!

Todd

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Bear, my friend, you have again succeeded in rousing my taste buds in the early morning hours here in Southwestern Virginia!  Everything I have seen you fix since I have been back here at SMF has been fantastic! Those Chuckies look absolutely great.  It has been a while since I did a chucky so I think I'll pick one or two up at Food City and lay the smoke to them using your recipe of course. I'll try to see if mine look anywhere as good as yours do Bear.

Your Friend,

Barry 

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
I do love a good chuckie and those look great!

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Look great Bear, well done. If they keep disappearing so fast maybe make 4 of 'em next time....

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thanks a lot RibKing, Jakerz, Paul, Les, Todd, and Elly!

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Love me some Chuckie...They look great Bear. With everyone liking them so much maybe next time you will have to smoke THREE..
See Below:
Look great Bear, well done. If they keep disappearing so fast maybe make 4 of 'em next time....
What are you two trying to get me FAT ??  

Thanks Guys,

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Bear, my friend, you have again succeeded in rousing my taste buds in the early morning hours here in Southwestern Virginia!  Everything I have seen you fix since I have been back here at SMF has been fantastic! Those Chuckies look absolutely great.  It has been a while since I did a chucky so I think I'll pick one or two up at Food City and lay the smoke to them using your recipe of course. I'll try to see if mine look anywhere as good as yours do Bear.

Your Friend,

Barry 
Thank you for the very kind words, Barry !!!!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.