Chucker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
Does anyone have a good recipe for chucker ? I was given 10 breasts and I have never had it before and don't want to ruin a good thing.

I’ve never done one, but looking around here, treating it like quail or game hen seems to be the thing. 160ish IT, many talked about wrapping in bacon! Sounds awesome. We did that a lot with pheasant and duck!

We've had bird dogs for most of my life so we've eaten a lot of Chukars over the years among our gamebird haul. My favorite way is pan fried in bacon grease but you can use it interchangeably with any chicken breast preparation. Delicious and a very fun bird to hunt!

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky