• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

CHOINKS, with Qview

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 3, 2010
I have a rack of what I call CHOINKS, bacon wrapped chicken tenders. How do you all get your bacon to crisp up, do you let them crisp in the smoker or do you do it in the oven?

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I crisp bacon on my fatties on the grill - a while ago there was a post from someone  that used a propane torch to crisp the bacon - good luck

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 3, 2010
I think they did fine in the smoker, I just took them up to 200º & the bacon is just the way I like it. Here is a Qviw of them

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
YUM!!!!  Great idea and beautiful looking food, there, T!  Western WA is bringin' it again!

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Nice looking bits of goodness.  As to your question about crisping the bacon, I've had good luck with slipping under the broiler for a minute or so, propane torch worked quite well, or the grill, cranked up.  This is based on experience with Fatties, a couple of 4-5 lb Beef Tenderloins, wrapped in Bacon (to die for) and a few other tasty tidbits.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
My mouth is watering!!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Those look AWESOME tbakko !!!

Simply AWESOME !!!!

Thanks for showing,

Bear

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Well they turned out fantastic. Did you hit them with some rub too?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.