CHOINKS, with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Moses Lake, Washington
I have a rack of what I call CHOINKS, bacon wrapped chicken tenders. How do you all get your bacon to crisp up, do you let them crisp in the smoker or do you do it in the oven?

I crisp bacon on my fatties on the grill - a while ago there was a post from someone  that used a propane torch to crisp the bacon - good luck

I think they did fine in the smoker, I just took them up to 200º & the bacon is just the way I like it. Here is a Qviw of them

18879a0b_Choinks12-19-10.jpg

Nice looking bits of goodness.  As to your question about crisping the bacon, I've had good luck with slipping under the broiler for a minute or so, propane torch worked quite well, or the grill, cranked up.  This is based on experience with Fatties, a couple of 4-5 lb Beef Tenderloins, wrapped in Bacon (to die for) and a few other tasty tidbits.

Well they turned out fantastic. Did you hit them with some rub too?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky