• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

chipotle spam qview

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
So reading the dude's post last week had me wantiging some chipotle spam

Rubbed & glazed with whole chipotles

were done

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
This one turned out a little dry & needed more chipotles. Good & moist inside

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I have never eaten spam before, I guess I'll have to put that on my to do list. After all if it's smoked it's got to be good, Right?

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Well I'm not sure about that Al. I have eaten spam when I ws young and it still brings back bad memories. I would say that you need more chipotles that way you won't taste the spam.

Last edited:

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
Mmmm.. I  love smoked spam... looks tasty Terry!

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
I think next time I'm going to try & wrap it in bacon & smother in brown sugar. It's very mosit inside already, but everything is better with bacon!!

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
Terry, sprinkled with a brown sugar/cayenne mix and spritzed with whiskey is good too! Makes a nice sweet n hot bark.

Last edited:

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
  Never thought of that Jeanie

I have a small bottle of Black Cherry Bourbon I'm going to have to try that!!!

smoke 2 geaux

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 18, 2010
I take a lot of heat for liking Spam.  It's nice to be here among the brethren who appreciate the finer things in life
.  I gotta try the chipotles.  Never thought of that one before.  Nice job.

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
Try the Turkey spam! It is really good, my son would rather have that then the butt or ribs. Luckily I always do the spam for lunch and plan on the big stuff for dinner. About an hour will give you some pretty good results. Any more and the outside dries out too much.

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
I think next time I'm going to try & wrap it in bacon & smother in brown sugar. It's very mosit inside already, but everything is better with bacon!!

There is also a "pork and bacon" spam. Very good also. People give me crap for liking spam, including my wife but she always buys it even if I don't ask for it ;)

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hey beer, I guess I could never get past the way it looked when it slid out of the can.  
Quote:
I have never eaten spam before, I guess I'll have to put that on my to do list. After all if it's smoked it's got to be good, Right?
Boy have you lead a Sheltered Life...

azhunter80

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 6, 2011
I LOVE SPAM!!!!!!!  Gonna try it this weekend!  Maybe some Vienna Sausage too...after I suck the jelly off first! thats the best part! LMAO!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.