Chipotle Lime Grilled Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Chipotle Lime Grilled Shrimp

20210720_191400.jpg

20210720_191344.jpg

Taco Holder v2.0

I made a new Taco Holder as well. This one holds 4 tacos instead of just 3. I also drilled holes in this one to help grab the tacos as well as putting a "brushed" finish on the mirror polished stainless steel.

20210720_131427.jpg

CHIPOTLE LIME SHRIMP MARINADE

7.5 oz can chipotles in adobo sauce
2 cloves smoked garlic
1 shallot roughly chopped
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 lime juiced
1 tablespoon smoked honey
1 teaspoon smoked salt

Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until incorporated.

Add 1 pound of peeled and deviened shrimp to a gallon Ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top. Seal and mix together.

Do not marinade more than 2 hours or the citrus will start to cook the shrimp.

Prepare everything for the tacos ahead of time as they only take a few minutes on the grill.

20210720_190317.jpg

I put the tortillas in foil and heated them up on the grill. They will be HOT and steamy when you take them off! Flip them multiple times to keep them from burning.

I added shredded purple cabbage, a lettuce blend, quesadilla cheese on the bottom and Cotija Cheese on the top along with a Sriracha Cream Sauce made from sour cream, lime juice and Sriracha.

The shrimp were removed from the marinade and put on skewers and grilled for 2 minutes on a preheated grill then flipped for another 90 seconds or until done. Discard remaining marinade.

Looks awesome I would like to try this recipe using skate wing on the griddle...severe shellfish allergy would prevent me to do the above.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Looks and sounds great.

Thank you!

Heck yeah bud that looks fire. Thanks for the recipe

Thank you!
And no sense in me keeping recipes to myself! Hope you enjoy it!

Looks awesome I would like to try this recipe using skate wing on the griddle...severe shellfish allergy would prevent me to do the above.

Thank you!
Sorry to hear about your allergy! This marinade would go well on Chicken and Pork too!
Tacos? Im in! Shimp tacos? I'm booking airfare now!

Hahaha! Save the airfare and make some at home! Super simple really! You could have a ton of tacos for the price of an airplane ride and wouldn't have to deal with people!

Reactions: clifish
yeah, It does not bother me that much, I was never huge into shellfish anyway, although I did enjoy lobster bakes and shrimp dishes....at least I got to enjoy them for the first 43 years of my life until the allergy hit. The worst part is going out to eat and having to get the chef out to ask if they fry any shellfish in the fryer and if they say they have 2 fryers it is often that they filter the oil through the system. Also any small Chinese restaurant is out as they have no means of making the food cleanly as they just quickly rinse the woks out before starting the next meal.

Yes sir looks great. I'll start with 2 please KC !! How much heat from the marinade?

Great heat from the marinade! On a 0-10 scale I'd say 6-7 but it's balancedby all the other things.

love it! thanks for the recipe! making these for sure!

Thank you! And you're welcome! Enjoy!

Looks great! Slip a little tequila in there and I’m on it.

You definitely could but this didn't need it !

kilo charlie kilo charlie those look fantastic! But man, 7oz of chipotle! These babies have got to be packin' some heat.

Well I wanted to make sure there was enoughmarinadefor all the shrimp! Haha!

The Tacos look great! Let me know when the Holders go up for Sale. Ill need 4.😆...JJ

Haha I should make some more.. just some scraps I had laying around the garage and rather than buy one I just made them!

Lots of LOVE for shrimp tacos here nice work on the tacos and holder! Very cool.

Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky