Chipotle Lime Chicken Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What do you mean? it calls for 3lbs of chicken meat so it makes around ten to twelve links i would say? I doubled it when i made it i think.

Thanks, my bad. For some reason I just did not see the 3lbs of Chicken line in the recipe. Going to Skin and Bone out 6 chickens next week and want to try this sausage recipe with the meat.

One thing to remember is that if you are usein white meat as well as dark, your meat/fat ratio will go way down and you might have a dryness issue. Boneless-skinless thighs usually carry a lot of fat so that works out well. I have 5 lb. of them trimmed and frozen, waiting to go.

I plan on using sheep casings for mine. Not so much for the size difference, but I have some friends that do not eat pork products for religious reasons, and I'd like to share my Q with them. Lamb and chicken are on the OK list, tho...

The buffalo chicken sausage recipe called for thighs and breast meat, maybe thats why the meat didnt want to stay together.

Made these with 1pound deer 1 1/2 pounds pork butt and 1/2 pounds pork fat all coarse ground but added 3 1/2 teaspoons southwest seasoning,1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic,zest and juice of 2 large limes,3/4 cup chopped cilantro,5 chopped Chipotle in Adobe sauce,1 tablespoon kosher salt,1/4 cup ice water,a little more than 1/2 teaspoon cure #1,3 oz cubed pepper jack cheese,3 oz cubed Monterey jack cheese,1/2 cup powdered milk. The southwestern seasoning was Emeril'so recipe. The test patty without the cheese was awesome,put in refrigerator overnight fixing to stuff and air dry then smoke

Loggie That sounds good, I am thinking of trying the original, Then yours as well. We have enough deer at home to do a good sized batch as well.

Public Service Announcement;
Just a word of advice, the acid in the lime juice will denature the proteins in the meat and turn it to mush. But I'd think if you cook the sausage soon after you stuff them they'd be fine.

Last edited:
Public Service Announcement;
Just a word of advice, the acid in the lime juice will denature the proteins in the meat and turn it to mush. But I'd think if you cook the sausage soon after you stuff them they'd be fine.
Thanks Dan,,, Good thing to know for sure,,, Oh these look really good on the grill for sure. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky