1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chimchurri Chicken and Mexican Street Corn w pics

Discussion in 'Grilling Chicken' started by SmokinVOLfan, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

1. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

First off big shout out to @xray for the recipes on the chimchurri and Mexican street corn. If you haven't tried them or seen his threads give them a try.

Started off with some boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing, Dales, Soy sauce, CBP, and minced garlic.
    corn1.jpg

Had 5 ears of corn so shucked coated in EVOO and onto the grill
    corn2.jpg

After the corn came off chicken went on. All done
    Corn4.jpg

Mixed up a batch of chimchurri in the food processor
    Corn5.jpg

Brushed up the corn in Xrays sauce and rolled it in Cotija cheese. Sorry for the crappy picture.
    corn3.jpg

Money shot. Added in some steamed veggies with balsamic reduction and a little of the crumbled Cotija cheese.
    Corn7.jpg

Wife loved it and I cant deny this stuff was amazing. One of the best meals I have had in awhile and fairly simple for a Wednesday night. Saved the other 2 ears of corn(plain) and 3 of the chicken breasts and took them to some elderly neighbors. Again big shout out to Xray. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

tallbm, gmc2003, motocrash and 3 others like this.
  2. pushok2018

pushok2018 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

That meal on the plate looks delicious! Like!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  3. How long did you marinate the breasts? How can I get a look at the chimi recipe btw?

Everything looks great!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  4. xray

xray Master of the Pit

Wow that’s a fantastic looking plate! I love how your corn came out with the cotija. I really need to get some!

Awesome!!

Another +1 for sharing with your neighbors!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  5. xray

xray Master of the Pit

Here’s the chimichurri recipe I use. You could swap out fresh oregano if you have it. Most of the time I can’t find it so I use dried. You could also add cilantro...there’s tons of ways for chimichurri.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/sometimes-you-just-can’t-beat-charcoal.287633/

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spring-ribeye-with-chimichurri.285453/

Sorry for the hijack SV.

6. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Gotta say that looks REAL good to me.
    Bet your neighbors appreciated your kindness in sharing.
    POINT
    Gary

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  7. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Yet another fine looking meal Smokin. That plated shot looks awesome. As always, GO VOLS!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  8. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Bonito! Ole!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  9. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow that's a great looking meal, and not a PBR in sight!!!. Seriously excellent cook and kudos for sharing.

Point for sure
    Chris

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  10. SmokinVOLfan

Thanks! Was simple and great!

11. SmokinVOLfan

Thanks for the like! I marinated them for about an hour. Would have gone longer but by the time I got home from work that's about all the time I had! I use some of the marinade to brush on while they are grilling.

12. SmokinVOLfan

Thanks xray. Man that corn was killer. Thinking I might impress some family and neighbors with that the next time I do a big smoke or cookout. Cotija cheese made a big difference.

13. SmokinVOLfan

Thanks Gary! Yeah try to help out where I can with the elderly neighbors. They enjoyed the meal for lunch the next day!

14. I gotta find cotija cheese. I got something ground but I think it was more of an Italian type of cheese

15. SmokinVOLfan

Thanks 5grillz...GO VOLS

16. SmokinVOLfan

Thanks Chris! Man I had just finished my last PBR I had the day before. Had to settle for Yeungling and miller's

17. SmokinVOLfan

You can find it at most local grocery stores. Its usually where they keep the Mexican melting cheeses and sometimes the mozzarella balls

18. SmokinVOLfan

Hey @xray ...here's what I did with the leftovers last night! Salad with grilled chicken, chimchurri, cut the corn off the cob, some cotija cheese, and other veggies
    Corn8.jpg

xray likes this.
  19. xray

xray Master of the Pit

Looks good, very nice! I bet it was tasty and healthy too!!

I also just learned the mention function using @. That’s pretty cool! I can’t believe how fast technology has passed me by.

20. SmokinVOLfan

You know I just figured that out yesterday myself while I was making this post lol