Chimchurri Chicken and Mexican Street Corn w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
First off big shout out to xray xray for the recipes on the chimchurri and Mexican street corn. If you haven't tried them or seen his threads give them a try.

Started off with some boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing, Dales, Soy sauce, CBP, and minced garlic.
corn1.jpg

Had 5 ears of corn so shucked coated in EVOO and onto the grill
corn2.jpg

After the corn came off chicken went on. All done
Corn4.jpg

Mixed up a batch of chimchurri in the food processor
Corn5.jpg

Brushed up the corn in Xrays sauce and rolled it in Cotija cheese. Sorry for the crappy picture.
corn3.jpg

Money shot. Added in some steamed veggies with balsamic reduction and a little of the crumbled Cotija cheese.
Corn7.jpg

Wife loved it and I cant deny this stuff was amazing. One of the best meals I have had in awhile and fairly simple for a Wednesday night. Saved the other 2 ears of corn(plain) and 3 of the chicken breasts and took them to some elderly neighbors. Again big shout out to Xray. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Corn6.jpg
    Corn6.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 9
Wow that’s a fantastic looking plate! I love how your corn came out with the cotija. I really need to get some!

Awesome!!

Another +1 for sharing with your neighbors!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
How long did you marinate the breasts? How can I get a look at the chimi recipe btw?

Everything looks great!

Here’s the chimichurri recipe I use. You could swap out fresh oregano if you have it. Most of the time I can’t find it so I use dried. You could also add cilantro...there’s tons of ways for chimichurri.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/sometimes-you-just-can’t-beat-charcoal.287633/

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spring-ribeye-with-chimichurri.285453/

Sorry for the hijack SV.

Wow that's a great looking meal, and not a PBR in sight!!!. Seriously excellent cook and kudos for sharing.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
How long did you marinate the breasts? How can I get a look at the chimi recipe btw?

Everything looks great!

Thanks for the like! I marinated them for about an hour. Would have gone longer but by the time I got home from work that's about all the time I had! I use some of the marinade to brush on while they are grilling.

Wow that’s a fantastic looking plate! I love how your corn came out with the cotija. I really need to get some!

Awesome!!

Another +1 for sharing with your neighbors!

Thanks xray. Man that corn was killer. Thinking I might impress some family and neighbors with that the next time I do a big smoke or cookout. Cotija cheese made a big difference.

Wow that's a great looking meal, and not a PBR in sight!!!. Seriously excellent cook and kudos for sharing.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Man I had just finished my last PBR I had the day before. Had to settle for Yeungling and miller's

Hey xray xray ...here's what I did with the leftovers last night! Salad with grilled chicken, chimchurri, cut the corn off the cob, some cotija cheese, and other veggies
Corn8.jpg

Reactions: xray
Hey xray xray ...here's what I did with the leftovers last night! Salad with grilled chicken, chimchurri, cut the corn off the cob, some cotija cheese, and other veggies
View attachment 400365

Looks good, very nice! I bet it was tasty and healthy too!!

I also just learned the mention function using @. That’s pretty cool! I can’t believe how fast technology has passed me by.

Looks good, very nice! I bet it was tasty and healthy too!!

I also just learned the mention function using @. That’s pretty cool! I can’t believe how fast technology has passed me by.

You know I just figured that out yesterday myself while I was making this post lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky