Since it that time of year thought be be fun to share chili recipes or maybe have a Feb Chili Throw Down.
A Throw Down would be great but chances are the best tasting chili wouldn't win. The best looking one would.
Well anyway, here is one I have won several local competitions with courtesy of Rachel Ray. Really great tasting chili.
Indian Summer Chili
Courtesy of Rachel Ray
3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ½ Lbs. Ground Turkey
4 T Chili Powder
2 T Grill Seasoning (McCormick Montreal Steak or Chicken)
1 T Cumin
2 T Worcestershire Sauce
2T Hot Sauce
1 Large Onion Quartered
2 Large Bell Peppers (Any Color Combination)
1C Bottled Beer
1 14oz Can of Tomato Sauce
½ C Smokey Barbecue Sauce
2 C *Corn Kernels (optional)
1 15oz Can of Black Beans
1 15oz Can of Kidney Beans
1. Heat a pot over medium-to-medium high heat
2. Add olive oil and turkey meat
3. Season the meat with chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
4. Chop the onion, reserve ¼ of it for topping chili
5. Brown meat 5 minutes, then add onions and chopped bell peppers and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol.
7. Add tomato sauce and barbecue sauce and bring to a bubble.
8. *If using corn kernels add them now with black beans, kidney beans, and any other type of beans you prefer.
9. Let chili simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Adjust seasonings and heat level to your taste.