Chicken fried steak on the blackstone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kenzmad

Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
Im not a food photographer like most of you guys 😂. Wife is Celiac so gluten is a no go. this is a regular meal here but it was the first time we all got to eat together. Being able to cook all 3 at the same time was amazing.
4A20E05B-455B-4C32-9C0C-F519A41EC34D.jpeg
B9157164-4844-4C3F-B627-07AE1A0FFCE5.jpeg
54712558-F6DE-4F63-BF39-595B90C32270.jpeg

Looks good bud . I was just thinking about chicken fried steak today . Nice cook .

Reactions: Kenzmad
Looks great!
Chicken Fried Steak has always been my favorite truck stop meal but I've never made it myself.
My wife is on a low sodium diet so I can relate with the difficulties....

Reactions: Kenzmad
Just amazing! Would like more details how you breaded and cooked. That one of my favorite meals there.
The process is super easy. Gluten free all purpose flour, I use cup4cup brand. Season flour with paprika, seasoned salt like lawry’s, add in cayenne pepper for a bit of spice. In another pan I add 1 egg to 3-4 cups whole milk. Cube steak pounded flat. Dredge in flour, dip in egg mix, back to flour and then on the griddle with enough oil to keep it frying. Please note that if your griddle isnt level, all the oil runs off. Took a bit to contain the oil where I needed it. Fry for 4 minutes each side. I bought pioneer gluten free gravy mix. When doing on the stove, you can make your own gravy but this was easier. Hope this helps.

Looks real tasty! That’s definitely one of my top go to meals at Diners. I’ve never done my own though and my wife tries to steer clear of gluten. Thank you! It’ll be putting this one on to do!

Yes sir that's a fine looking meal!
Maybe I need a Blackstone too !
My thoughts exactly about the Blackstone! That meal looks as tasty for breakfast as it did for supper last night.

Ryan

The process is super easy. Gluten free all purpose flour, I use cup4cup brand. Season flour with paprika, seasoned salt like lawry’s, add in cayenne pepper for a bit of spice. In another pan I add 1 egg to 3-4 cups whole milk. Cube steak pounded flat. Dredge in flour, dip in egg mix, back to flour and then on the griddle with enough oil to keep it frying. Please note that if your griddle isnt level, all the oil runs off. Took a bit to contain the oil where I needed it. Fry for 4 minutes each side. I bought pioneer gluten free gravy mix. When doing on the stove, you can make your own gravy but this was easier. Hope this helps.
Cool. Seems hard to find a good CFS anymore. The couple times I tried the breading came off. Will give it a try. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky