• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chicken fried steak on the blackstone

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks good bud . I was just thinking about chicken fried steak today . Nice cook .

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Just amazing! Would like more details how you breaded and cooked. That one of my favorite meals there.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I haven’t had that in age’s, but I sure want some now!
Nicely done!
Al

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Man that is beautiful. Of course I'd have to have a biscuit for that gravy! If they try to take my bread away from me it devastate me! :emoji_laughing:
Jim

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Looks great!
Chicken Fried Steak has always been my favorite truck stop meal but I've never made it myself.
My wife is on a low sodium diet so I can relate with the difficulties....

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
That looks good! Have to break out my BlackStone before it gets to cold and try that.

Kenzmad

Joined Dec 11, 2018
Just amazing! Would like more details how you breaded and cooked. That one of my favorite meals there.
The process is super easy. Gluten free all purpose flour, I use cup4cup brand. Season flour with paprika, seasoned salt like lawry’s, add in cayenne pepper for a bit of spice. In another pan I add 1 egg to 3-4 cups whole milk. Cube steak pounded flat. Dredge in flour, dip in egg mix, back to flour and then on the griddle with enough oil to keep it frying. Please note that if your griddle isnt level, all the oil runs off. Took a bit to contain the oil where I needed it. Fry for 4 minutes each side. I bought pioneer gluten free gravy mix. When doing on the stove, you can make your own gravy but this was easier. Hope this helps.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Looks real tasty! That’s definitely one of my top go to meals at Diners. I’ve never done my own though and my wife tries to steer clear of gluten. Thank you! It’ll be putting this one on to do!

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Yes sir that's a fine looking meal!
Maybe I need a Blackstone too !

Brokenhandle

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Yes sir that's a fine looking meal!
Maybe I need a Blackstone too !
My thoughts exactly about the Blackstone! That meal looks as tasty for breakfast as it did for supper last night.

Ryan

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
The process is super easy. Gluten free all purpose flour, I use cup4cup brand. Season flour with paprika, seasoned salt like lawry’s, add in cayenne pepper for a bit of spice. In another pan I add 1 egg to 3-4 cups whole milk. Cube steak pounded flat. Dredge in flour, dip in egg mix, back to flour and then on the griddle with enough oil to keep it frying. Please note that if your griddle isnt level, all the oil runs off. Took a bit to contain the oil where I needed it. Fry for 4 minutes each side. I bought pioneer gluten free gravy mix. When doing on the stove, you can make your own gravy but this was easier. Hope this helps.
Cool. Seems hard to find a good CFS anymore. The couple times I tried the breading came off. Will give it a try. Thanks

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.