Chicken Fried Pronghorn Tri-Tip Mushroom and Swiss Sandwich on Homemade Butter Buns...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, when I pulled the pronghorn out of the freezer, it was a top round with the tri-tip still attached. I put that to the side with the intent on making sandwiches. I sliced it in half lengthwise then pounded it out about 3/8" flat with a meat mallet. Let that marinate in milk and hot sauce over night. I had some mushrooms left over from the lo mien and some swiss cheese....hmm....mushroom and swiss it is then!

Double battered ready to hit the grease..
IMG_20230206_173313.jpg

The sandwich on warmed golden butter buns...and Zapp's Creole Onion kettle chips...
IMG_20230206_175154.jpg

Wow....and I mean WOW!! That is one fantastic looking sandwich Keith. Sad part is that you only made one. Where is mine?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Wow....and I mean WOW!! That is one fantastic looking sandwich Keith. Sad part is that you only made one. Where is mine?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert! I did make two sandwiches. Had my brother over for dinner. Sad part is I do not have any more pronghorn, finally finished it off.

Great looking sammich! I dont know.....The brother might would be going hungry if it was me. LOL.

Jim

That looks fantastic, I've never had pronghorn. Assuming the meat is similar to other venison? Did you harvest this one?
Thanks CTX! All depends on what the animal ha been eating. The year we went hunting was a wet spring and summer so the forage was good. They did not have to eat sage which is usually the cause of the off flavor in pronghorn. These had been feeding on winter wheat. Shot this one 2 years ago so it was time to clear it out of the freezer to make room for our processed meats from this season.

Incredible! That is amazing work😃 I would crush that and start calling for seconds!! Points!

Thanks CTX! All depends on what the animal ha been eating. The year we went hunting was a wet spring and summer so the forage was good. They did not have to eat sage which is usually the cause of the off flavor in pronghorn. These had been feeding on winter wheat. Shot this one 2 years ago so it was time to clear it out of the freezer to make room for our processed meats from this season.
Looks good, and your lucky..... if you get a sagey one from a dry year..... oh man even a 50/50 with beef blend in sausage form is an acquired taste..... LOL

PS and this is coming from a meat eater!!!!

Looks good, and your lucky..... if you get a sagey one from a dry year..... oh man even a 50/50 with beef blend in sausage form is an acquired taste..... LOL

PS and this is coming from a meat eater!!!!
Thanks Civil! I've had sagey pronghorn before. One my Dad shot when I was younger. That one was strong!

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky