Chicken Fricasmoked!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
Smoked (3) 2.8lb yard birds at 325* with pecan for 1.5hrs
2488c8cc_fricase002.jpg
Then placed them in a pan with onions,potatoes,carrots,etc....and some chicken broth. Didn't have any cream of chicken to throw in! Then placed back in the smoker for another 2.5hrs.
fa0edf07_fricase006.jpg
Turned out very nice! Thanks for checkin it out!
bd4daf9b_fricase005.jpg

Reactions: meateater
icon_cool.gif

Mam oh Man you have me wanting chicken again. Your birds look awesome and I bet they taste better then they look too.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Me Too!! on trying it out.

When you place the vegetables and the birds in the pan did you continue smoke at 325*?

Raptor, I grew up in Pensacola and have a brother that lives in Mary Esther.

Me Too!! on trying it out.

When you place the vegetables and the birds in the pan did you continue smoke at 325*?

Raptor, I grew up in Pensacola and have a brother that lives in Mary Esther.
Yes, I did keep the temp at 325*.....Actually this was the first time I jacked the heat up on my birds, I usually smoke them at 250* and the skin is kinda rubbery! From reading and learning from all the great friends on SMF I decided to try it, And like all the other times these guys and gals new what they were talkin about! They were some of the best birds I've smoked. Thanks to all the people who share their ideas here
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  BTW Coacher, most all of my family live in Pcola!

Reactions: dgross
Raptor those birds look awesome. I love roasted vegetables and have added this to my list of things to smoke

Thanks for sharing a great idea

Now that looks awesome!  I can't wait to try that... like a ole fashioned pot roast but with chicken and done completely on the smoker...

Points to you my friend.

points.gif

Beautiful Birds!!!  and those veggies look sooo tasty, too.  Did you brine the chicken?  I love your trussing technique, too, gonna try to copy that.

Wow that looks incredible.  Reminds me of one time my mom had chicken on the grill and got distracted, and dried it out a bit so in an attempt to salvage the meat she threw it in a cookpot on the stove with beer and some aromatic vegetables...that accident led to some of the best chicken i have ever had!

Cannot wait to give this a try!  Thanks!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky