• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chicken Fricasmoked!

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Smoked (3) 2.8lb yard birds at 325* with pecan for 1.5hrsThen placed them in a pan with onions,potatoes,carrots,etc....and some chicken broth. Didn't have any cream of chicken to throw in! Then placed back in the smoker for another 2.5hrs.Turned out very nice! Thanks for checkin it out!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Mam oh Man you have me wanting chicken again. Your birds look awesome and I bet they taste better then they look too.

coacher72

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Me Too!! on trying it out.

When you place the vegetables and the birds in the pan did you continue smoke at 325*?

Raptor, I grew up in Pensacola and have a brother that lives in Mary Esther.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
All I can say is WoW. The color looks awesome and then with all that stuff in the pan.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Me Too!! on trying it out.

When you place the vegetables and the birds in the pan did you continue smoke at 325*?

Raptor, I grew up in Pensacola and have a brother that lives in Mary Esther.
Yes, I did keep the temp at 325*.....Actually this was the first time I jacked the heat up on my birds, I usually smoke them at 250* and the skin is kinda rubbery! From reading and learning from all the great friends on SMF I decided to try it, And like all the other times these guys and gals new what they were talkin about! They were some of the best birds I've smoked. Thanks to all the people who share their ideas here
  BTW Coacher, most all of my family live in Pcola!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Raptor those birds look awesome. I love roasted vegetables and have added this to my list of things to smoke

Thanks for sharing a great idea

new2que

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 1, 2010
Now that looks awesome!  I can't wait to try that... like a ole fashioned pot roast but with chicken and done completely on the smoker...

Points to you my friend.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Beautiful Birds!!!  and those veggies look sooo tasty, too.  Did you brine the chicken?  I love your trussing technique, too, gonna try to copy that.

kevink

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 26, 2010
Wow that looks incredible.  Reminds me of one time my mom had chicken on the grill and got distracted, and dried it out a bit so in an attempt to salvage the meat she threw it in a cookpot on the stove with beer and some aromatic vegetables...that accident led to some of the best chicken i have ever had!

Cannot wait to give this a try!  Thanks!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.