Chesapeake Bay Crabs From This Morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zippy12

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
After picking some for lunch this was my share of what was left...
Thanks Mother Nature!
20180702_212337.jpg

These will be picked and turned into crab cakes... BUt I have to get some English muffins to put the cake on

A big pile of fresh crab meat will make for a very short memory of damaged picking fingers. And that is a great looking tub of crab.

Salivating! Hell,I'd lightly sprinkle some Old Bay,drizzle a wee bit of butter and eat it with a fork :D:eek:

Yup butter and old bay works find. Crab cakes oh yell. Just wish they were ore plentiful here in MD where I live. Season has not been good. I see that some of those are female which recreational crabs in MD are not allowed to catch and now the commercial guys have a limit.

Warren

Gosh that crab meat looks fantastic!
It's so expensive down here, even stone crab claws are expensive & they are everywhere during the season.
Al

I see that some of those are female which recreational crabs in MD are not allowed to catch and now the commercial guys have a limit.

All were male but I was surprised one female made it in the bunch. Normally we throw those back...

Glad everyone enjoyed the pictures... Can't wait for crab cakes tonight!

Looks great! I just did this last week since I had some crabs from VA.

Once I got done pickin’, the leftover crabs where cleaned...my crab cake consisted of forming a mound of meat and pouring melted butter over.

I’ll be waiting for the crab cake photo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky