Cheesesteak Hot Pockets (Step by Step)

Discussion in 'Beef' started by bearcarver, Apr 30, 2016.

1. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Cheesesteak Hot Pockets (Step by Step)

I saw this method used to make Cheeseburger Hot Pockets, So I decided to use the same method, but make some into Cheesesteak Hot Pockets.
    It’s only Me & Mrs Bear here, so we only needed 2 packages of Crescent Rolls to make these.
    Everything is explained in the captions that go with the Pictures (Below), but you can add other things too, like Mushrooms, Hot Peppers, Sweet Peppers, Fried Onions, any other kind of cheese, and anything else that floats your boat !!!

BTW: We had one left, which I ate the next evening, and I have to tell you these are definitely one of the things that are even better reheated the next day!!! Nuked it up & MMMMmmmmm…………

Hope You Like This!!

Bear

Main Ingredients ready to go:
    IMG_0074.jpg

Close-up so you can see a package of our favorite Cheesesteak Meat:
    IMG_0075.jpg

Mrs Bear tearing the Meat apart as she puts it in the pan.
    Then she continues to pull it apart with two big non-metal spoons, and flipping it over & over to get it all done evenly.
    We like to move it from the pan to the Sammies right after the Red is gone, so it’s nice & Tender & not dried out:
    IMG_0076.jpg

Meanwhile we open up a package of Crescent Rolls, and stretch out the rectangles on a Buttered Cookie Pan:
    IMG_0077.jpg

Then we put a coating of our favorite Steak Sauce on the Crescent Roll Rectangles:
    IMG_0078.jpg

Next we evenly divide the Shaved Steak Meat on each of the 4 sections.
    Now here is where I would have liked to add some Fried Onions, but we didn’t have any. (Next Time)
    IMG_0079.jpg

Then Some Cheese on top of the Meat. I used American this time, but we Prefer Provolone:
    IMG_0081.jpg

Open the second Package of Crescent Rolls, and stretch the rectangles over each section, and press down the edges:
    IMG_0082.jpg

After 10 to 12 minutes in the Oven @ 375°, once nicely browned, we can remove them:
    IMG_0083.jpg

Plate them & throw a couple Pickle Slices on, if you like, and it’s time to eat:
    IMG_0084.jpg

I opened this one up so you can get a closer look of the bubbly stuff inside:
    IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    c farmer, gary s, halfsmoked and 15 others like this.
  2. Nice Job Bear, I really like them  have to give that a try  [​IMG]     [​IMG]

Gary

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Cool idea Bear

Gonna have to give it a try

I'm imagining all kinds of stuff I could put in there

Al

4. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Al I can only think of one thing to put in there My Teeth 

Bear that is an awesome idea,I need to move out to the country never seen that meat here.Points brother they make my mouth water Thanks for sharing

Richie

5. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man they look great. Be easy for kids to make and I bet they would love this

6. bearcarver

Thank You Gary!!

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear
    Thanks Al.

Yup--The Possibilities are endless.

Bear

7. bearcarver

Thanks Richie!!

Bear

8. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I wouldn't call them hot pockets,it lessens them, how about Bear pockets! They look great!

9. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Wow Bear! That is right up my alley. We do something similar with pizza dough and leftover prime rib. Cheese steak Stromboli! With all you're beef cooks, you're freezer must look just like mine! Points!!!

10. halfsmoked

halfsmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Nice inside job while all the rain Hmmmm Bear pockets [​IMG] Nice idea John.  [​IMG]

Warren

11. bearcarver

Thank You!

Bear
    Thank You Adam!!

Yup---Ideal for Kids & Old Guys!!

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

12. halfsmoked

halfsmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

You've never seen chip steak really???

Warren

13. jeepsjeep

jeepsjeep Fire Starter

[​IMG]What a great idea Bear!  I will definitely have to add this to the list of things to make....in fact I cooked 3 large steaks sous vide tonight and we have quite a bit of leftovers...hmmm

14. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Delicious. Point! b

15. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Fantastic idea, John.  Those look simple and great--what a combination!!!!

Afraid I'm in the same boat as Richie--I've never seen shaved steak.  I'm guessing you could make them from a beef roast??

[​IMG]

Gary

16. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks good and a great quick meal. I showed Bev how good these looked. She replied, " Oh yeah, my Mom made them.." [​IMG]  Wish she would had said something sooner, I would have liked to try thim by now...JJ

17. bearcarver

Thank You!!

Hmmmm----Cheesesteak Stromboli would be Great !!

Bear
    Thank You Warren!!

It's raining here all the time, TG it usually Light rain!!

Bear

18. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

Points! Looks great Bear! These will hit the spot with all the lousy PA weather we're having.

If you get a chance, I make something similar. I use chopped up pastrami, shredded Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Mix it all up in a bowl and mix in a few tablespoons of thousand island dressing...and you have yourself a nice Reuben pocket.

19. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good bear!!! I will have to try this - POINTS

DS

20. bearcarver

Thank You!!

That's Great.

And Thanks For The Points!!

Bear
    Thank You Brian!!