Cheese stuffed in sausage ABT ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Instead of mixing grated cheese in sausage thinking of trying to take a chuck of cheese wrapped with sausage and put in jalapeno wrapped in bacon. Do you think that would work or am I better off just mixing? Will be doing this morning to put in smoker with ribs.

Reactions: kruizer
Do you think that would work or am I better off just mixing?

Go for it Brian!! There's nothing to lose. We all try out-of-the-box things and this one sounds very viable. Heck, it almost sounds like a complete meal wrapped in a pepper :emoji_laughing:

Keep us posted,
Robert

Went to store yesterday to get one thing and came back with everything but it. You haven't done that before have you? Got to make a run now and think maybe pick up string cheese.

I have not tried it Brian but I like the idea. Gonna wait and see how yours come out and either follow exactly or make slight modifications based on your review. They sound really good

Robert

Went to store yesterday to get one thing and came back with everything but it. You haven't done that before have you?
Just yesterday . Forgot the one thing I went for . Lucky for me my son works there , so I just make a phone call and put my order in .

chuck of cheese wrapped with sausage
Should work just fine . My son does a meatball stuffed with motz that's really good .

It should work. A local restaurant takes strips of mozzarella cheese the size of string cheese and wraps with wonton to make their mozzarella sticks. It is incredible.

Reactions: chopsaw
Instead of mixing grated cheese in sausage thinking of trying to take a chuck of cheese wrapped with sausage and put in jalapeno wrapped in bacon. Do you think that would work or am I better off just mixing? Will be doing this morning to put in smoker with ribs.
Sounds like a capital idea! I'm doing some lamb ribs on the pellet pooper later and now it looks like some ABT as well.

I think string cheese sounds like a good idea.
Now you just need to find some BIG jalapeños!
Al

Ribs going seasoning with Jeff's sweet heat rub and Abt's ready. Will see. Hopefully most cheese will stay in? Have some garlic bread working also. That work area is all I have in this small kitchen! I have small room in front of kitchen that could knock out wall but every time I add up the $$$ I stay I can live with it.

20211023_102410.jpg 20211023_102634.jpg

Reactions: TNJAKE
Smoked for about 2.5 hours. This is them after pulling. No leakage but the bacon underneath not get done.

20211023_130927.jpg

Should have not used foil pan and sat directly on grate. I put in toaster over at 375 for 20 minutes and bottom still not done. Turned them over and put under broiler to finished. Should of just put them in a pan to finish bottom. The where very good. Used hot Italian sausage. Ate 3 of them than later still so full only ate one rib. Was hoping would help clean out sinus as its gone down into my lungs now but this morning seem to feel better. These bigger peppers not as spicy.

20211023_133623.jpg 20211023_141105.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky