Cheese Balls N Chicken Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
I wasn't planning on posting this, but I felt some need for levity.
Left over BBQ Chicken, chopped and heated up with butter and diced onions in a pan with a bit of the Coffee Jalapeno BBQ Sauce I've been enjoying. Threw some chunks of Smoked Gouda into the pan while the chicken was heating up to melt with the mix. Placed on an old Hamburger Bun that was questionable.
Chk Sndwhich.jpg

Then the decision for a side came up . . . . Utz Cheese Balls seemed to be the perfect pairing. I haven't had a cheese ball since the 80s, but small kids inspire bad habits.
Chk Cheese ball 2.jpg

The money shot . . . . man those cheese balls are so awesome! They gave a consistent solid crunch that makes eating them a lot of fun. Every bite had a good helping of salty cheddar, and balanced well with the Smokey, sweet jalapeño kick of the BBQ Chicken sandwich. The cheese balls were the star, I'm not sure if I have the discipline to stay away from them for another three decades!

The sandwich does look pretty tasty! The coffee bbq sauce and the gouda sounds like it gives it a good complexity.

Once in a while my wife will bring home one of those Utz barrels of cheese balls, they’re pretty good. Even better are the Old Bay ones if you could find them.

I'd sit and eat the sandwich and cheese balls any day! You do know I'm gonna have to go buy some now! And maybe some cheetos too...haven't had them it forever either!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
The sandwich does look pretty tasty! The coffee bbq sauce and the gouda sounds like it gives it a good complexity.
Once in a while my wife will bring home one of those Utz barrels of cheese balls, they’re pretty good. Even better are the Old Bay ones if you could find them.
I'd sit and eat the sandwich and cheese balls any day! You do know I'm gonna have to go buy some now! And maybe some cheetos too...haven't had them it forever either!
Ryan
Sandwich looks great. And hey, nothing wrong with a few cheese balls. My kids love them. Cant say I haven't snuck a few here and there myself.
Thank you guys! I decided to post this for fun, I forgot how amazing cheese balls were!

Lol nice post Jed. I'd tear the sammich up. Nothing wrong with questionable bread lol. I also love cheese balls and Cheetos......and funyuns lol.

• Haha
Well Jed what can I say But. We all eat the old "should have tossed bread/buns" and we are still around.

Chicken sandwich sounds gooooda

Must have been a good boy to get a treat like that on your dinner plate, lol

Mona likes potato chips on her plate with her grilled cheese sandwich

David

Well Jed what can I say But. We all eat the old "should have tossed bread/buns" and we are still around.
Chicken sandwich sounds gooooda
Must have been a good boy to get a treat like that on your dinner plate, lol
Mona likes potato chips on her plate with her grilled cheese sandwich
David
🤣Thank you David….it was definitely “What leftovers need to be eaten” lunch. Again, wasn’t planning on posting anything, but I was laughing about munching on cheese balls, with a stale bread sandwich covered in smoked Gouda and old bbq chicken.
Something very nostalgic about some chips and a sandwich! Mona is wise!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sandwich looks like a winner to me! The sauce sounds unique for sure. We don’t do carb snacks like cheese balls but I’ll tell you if I got started on a bucket of those I’d eat it ALL! Lol I guess that’s why I can’t eat carbs haha.

• Haha
Sandwich looks like a winner to me! The sauce sounds unique for sure. We don’t do carb snacks like cheese balls but I’ll tell you if I got started on a bucket of those I’d eat it ALL! Lol I guess that’s why I can’t eat carbs haha.
Thank you! I appreciate it! I’m the same way! I tend to eat pretty well and low carb until Christmas, then I go off the rails until after Super Bowl. I used to gain a few pounds, now I multiply that by 10🤔 Once I taste a bit of it I go crazy. That’s why I have to go really strict for 30 days to reset myself.

Reactions: jcam222
Lol nice post Jed. I'd tear the sammich up. Nothing wrong with questionable bread lol. I also love cheese balls and Cheetos......and funyuns lol.
Thank you Jake! Haha, man it’s been a while, they were good! The sandwich on a stale bun too!

That’s awesome! You did good!
Appreciated Yankee! I needed your teeth!

• Haha
Reactions: yankee2bbq
Nothing wrong with that lunch. I know I've eaten some questionable food stuffs in my lifetime. And those UTZ cheese balls are like crack. Once I start on them I eat till they are gone!
Jim

Funny, I never thought about it till now...you speak of questionable bread...a while back we had a package of hot dog buns in the cupboard for over two months at least, I threw them out! They were way past the time limit and should have been green and fuzzy...good batch of preservatives there.

Ryan

Jed, Your chicken and Gouda looks real good to me. Heated in butter / onions couldn't have hurt it, either.

A big jar of cheese balls is a yearly favorite at our annual church action with a handful of folks who bid every year on it. I've seen it go for amazing money.

I've never eaten a cheese ball. Now I'm curious. Going to look for them soon.

Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky