• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cheese as Gifts??

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Hell yeah! I did the same thing last year with bacon and cheese...it was a huge hit!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
You nailed it! a neighbor brought us some smoked cheese last year . it was a great gift!

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Agreed smoked cheese is a great gift. It has taken me more time and batches than I thought I would need to dial mine in enough to gift it. Thankfully a member suggested trying dust and my cheese is where I want and no "aging" which never really helped IMO. For gifts, I buy the big blocks and slice squares off along the width. Vac seals in my small roll perfectly and is also cracker sized. Toying around the notion of adding a red or green holiday label this year.

creek bottom

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 13, 2019
Cheese makes a fabulous gift. I speak from experience, trust me. People absolutely love it and it is so appreciated when you spend time to create something yourself.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Super good gifts. These are the kind of things I love getting. I’m doing baskets this year is breakfast sausage, brat patties, buckboard and Canadian bacon. Some will also get Amish mustard eggs.

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
M1950, you can't go wrong when you give out that for the holidays !

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
I gave out smoked cheese for gifts a couple of years ago. Got some very hearty thank you's. I say go for it!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks