Delete

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow.. That's a tutorial right there!! Anyone looking to make their own cheddar should definitely see this ... Great job on an awesome step by step...

Reactions: The_BBQ_Geek
I have been making my own cheese for a few years. I had a nice cheese cave which I made to keep things at just the right temperature and humidity. The cave took a dive and I will hopefully make a new one. Had fun making my own cheese.

Nice tutorial, very informative. Habonero is one of my favorites.

Point for sure.

Chris

Gosh what a great cheese tutorial!
I'm definitely going to bookmark this, and look into getting a cheese press!
Thank-you so much for taking the time to write this thread!
And congrats on making the carousel!!
Al

Holly, morning and thank you for the Cheddar making tutorial....
How do you press the cheese with 40#'s.... 50#'s etc.... Do you have a special press or home made device ???
Pictures of the press....

Awesome Step by Step!!:)
Nice Job! Like.

I'm not into Cheddar, but if I was, this is where I would go!

Bear

Wow! I never knew the process and have a much greater appreciation for people that make their own cheese now.

"Like" for sure!

What is the smell like when you make it? Should you be in a well ventilated area or???

That's a nice press you made...
1 Good Job.png

Holly2015,

That's one Hell of a great tutorial. Very well done.

I gave fleeting thought to cheese making a number of years ago but, after reflecting on my life at the time, chose not do so. I was traveling year round about 70% of the time, mostly international, and with the limited time that I have when I was home, cheese making wasn't going to be a priority. Also, I've never been known for being a patient person and the idea of waiting for a year or more to sample the fruits of my labor would cause me to lose interest altogether. That said, it's very impressive to see the effort you have put forth on the project.

Really outstanding job. Like!

Last edited:
I have all items here need to make mozzarella and ricotta and yet I procrastinate! I fell in love with cheese in my 30's. My Mom thought cheese was only for sandwiches and came out of a cellophane wrapper. I now just got nuts for good cheese and so wish I could make it. Yet I don't, why? I don't know. I just never seem to have the time when i have the inclination and when I have the time something always jumps out there in front.

Color me impressed (that would be a yellow orange color like carrots). I would just like to make mozzarella to top my pizzas...LOL BUT cheddar, OMG that's the cheese masters cheese. Rat cheese, red rind, its no longer the cheap deli cheese. I am impressed Holly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky