checking back in after a few years

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seattlepitboss

Original poster
Aug 28, 2022
Kirkland, Washington
Hi. I live in Kirkland, Washington. I used to fabricate steel before I retired. I built a reverse flow horizontal offset trailer smoker some years ago and really enjoyed it. I used it for awhile and then sold it for good money to a caterer. He was a little leery but after 3 weeks he emailed me and asked me to make 3 more! (Not a chance...)

I did write up that build. Perhaps some of you may have seen it. Here's a link:
http://www.nwnative.us/Grant/shop articles/24x70

I am distressed at how poorly the links I saved from a few years ago have held up. The forum thesmokering.com has completely vanished. When I do find one of my saved build pages usually the images are gone due to bit rot from photobucket, ack! Anyway, I'm looking for a new place to look for people's build projects and to post about my upcoming build, and of course to see how y'all cook!

seattlepitboss

Very cool build. Love the glass in the fire box door, the lit picture at dusk looked so cool.
Welcome and thanks for sharing!

Welcome aboard. Yeah, doing three more of those looks entirely too much like real work :)

Dude your fabrication skills are phenomenal. I can hold my own on fixing/restoring a vehicle but that's next level!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky