Been busy...just checking in!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
Just letting ya'll know I'm still around...I got started on my shop re-fit and, as you might imagine, I fell down a rabbit hole.

What started off as "Oh, I'll just de-junk, straighten up, and throw up a few more shelves and be done with it!" has turned into almost a complete gut...French cleats instead of regular shelves, tear out the original VERY tall workbench and build a new one at the right height, tear out the closet we added about 10 years ago to make more room (need space for a planer and my band saw), and build SOME sort of cover for the porch so I can work outside (sun's gonna get hot pretty soon!)...sigh.

The good news is that I'm not too far from the final stage (the tear outs)...probably another couple of weeks (please Lord!). What gets me is that as little as 5 years ago, I'd have ALREADY been done, but I don't need to be hurting myself by trying to get in a hurry...this Old Crone phase of my life is taking some getting used to!

Anyway, like I said, just checking in...hopefully, I'll be back to pestering you all again pretty soon! :emoji_imp:

Hugs to all!

Take your time and pace yourself! When it gets too hot come north... I could use the help lol!
Take care, and good to hear from ya!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: SherryT
Just letting ya'll know I'm still around...I got started on my shop re-fit and, as you might imagine, I fell down a rabbit hole.

What started off as "Oh, I'll just de-junk, straighten up, and throw up a few more shelves and be done with it!" has turned into almost a complete gut...French cleats instead of regular shelves, tear out the original VERY tall workbench and build a new one at the right height, tear out the closet we added about 10 years ago to make more room (need space for a planer and my band saw), and build SOME sort of cover for the porch so I can work outside (sun's gonna get hot pretty soon!)...sigh.

The good news is that I'm not too far from the final stage (the tear outs)...probably another couple of weeks (please Lord!). What gets me is that as little as 5 years ago, I'd have ALREADY been done, but I don't need to be hurting myself by trying to get in a hurry...this Old Crone phase of my life is taking some getting used to!

Anyway, like I said, just checking in...hopefully, I'll be back to pestering you all again pretty soon! :emoji_imp:

Hugs to all!
Glad to hear you are doing well and keeping busy. You'll get it done!

I just rehabed my lone rental property and it took 2 months of my life.

Unfortunately the last tenants had to be evicted and they tore the place up and left it a disgusting mess. I'm glad the house is a house again and will be nice for someone to live in. Fingers crossed for good respectful tenants this time around :)

Next to boat upgrades, shop upgrades are the best! A good way to cope with winter blues. I just finished plumbing in my compressor with piping, regs, and filters.

My wife's workshop is the same way. One step forward two steps back. Judging by the scrap wood pile. I'm going to have one heck of a bonfire this year.

Chris

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky