Checkin tenderloins, wings and dummies.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txusafguy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2016
Central Texas
OK I am smoking some tenderloins marinaded in mesquite flavoring from mccormick.  Wings and drummies with sweet baby rays mixed with cayenne pepper and minced garlic.  I am using my own mesquite chips I cut out of the center of a piece of Texas mesquite firewood.  I am looking forward to the wings the most.  I do not mind wings being dry so this should be a good turnout no matter what.

Reactions: disco
hello txusafguy, welcome to the forum, isee that this is the sixth time you have posted here. i just wanted to welcome you here. i see you have a nice smoker there full of meat, i can not wait to see how it turns out. please post pictures,

dannylang
welcome1.gif
110.gif

is this smoker a electric model or propane, i had a electric model like this one, and loved it. but i sold it to get a stick burner. mi think i like this one better, except for the clean up.... i though mine had to be just as clean when i was finished cooking, as it was before i started. a clean cooker is a happy smoker.

dannylang

is this smoker a electric model or propane, i had a electric model like this one, and loved it. but i sold it to get a stick burner. mi think i like this one better, except for the clean up.... i though mine had to be just as clean when i was finished cooking, as it was before i started. a clean cooker is a happy smoker.
dannylang
Mine is the electric one.

I thought the idea was to leave the inside of the smoker covered in the "soot" to get better flavor? I clean the drip tray, bottom pan and water pan as well as grill before each session.  Am I mistaken?

Last edited:

hello txusafguy, welcome to the forum, isee that this is the sixth time you have posted here. i just wanted to welcome you here. i see you have a nice smoker there full of meat, i can not wait to see how it turns out. please post pictures,

dannylang
welcome1.gif
110.gif
Thanks for the welcome.  I did not get pictures because we destroyed it too quickly.  tenderloins were really good and the wings could have used little more kick.

i always smoked chickens cut in half, using kicking chicken seasoning and applewood seasonings together. it was a hit here.

dannylang
i will say I am not a big fan of the applewood chips.  I will just stick to the mesquite chips that I harvest from my pile of fire wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky