• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Checkin tenderloins, wings and dummies.

txusafguy

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 26, 2016
OK I am smoking some tenderloins marinaded in mesquite flavoring from mccormick.  Wings and drummies with sweet baby rays mixed with cayenne pepper and minced garlic.  I am using my own mesquite chips I cut out of the center of a piece of Texas mesquite firewood.  I am looking forward to the wings the most.  I do not mind wings being dry so this should be a good turnout no matter what.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Yes it looks good so far, but how did it turn out?

Al

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2014
hello txusafguy, welcome to the forum, isee that this is the sixth time you have posted here. i just wanted to welcome you here. i see you have a nice smoker there full of meat, i can not wait to see how it turns out. please post pictures,

dannylang

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2014
is this smoker a electric model or propane, i had a electric model like this one, and loved it. but i sold it to get a stick burner. mi think i like this one better, except for the clean up.... i though mine had to be just as clean when i was finished cooking, as it was before i started. a clean cooker is a happy smoker.

dannylang

txusafguy

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 26, 2016
is this smoker a electric model or propane, i had a electric model like this one, and loved it. but i sold it to get a stick burner. mi think i like this one better, except for the clean up.... i though mine had to be just as clean when i was finished cooking, as it was before i started. a clean cooker is a happy smoker.
dannylang
Mine is the electric one.

I thought the idea was to leave the inside of the smoker covered in the "soot" to get better flavor? I clean the drip tray, bottom pan and water pan as well as grill before each session.  Am I mistaken?

Last edited:

txusafguy

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 26, 2016

hello txusafguy, welcome to the forum, isee that this is the sixth time you have posted here. i just wanted to welcome you here. i see you have a nice smoker there full of meat, i can not wait to see how it turns out. please post pictures,

dannylang
Thanks for the welcome.  I did not get pictures because we destroyed it too quickly.  tenderloins were really good and the wings could have used little more kick.

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2014
i always smoked chickens cut in half, using kicking chicken seasoning and applewood seasonings together. it was a hit here.

dannylang

txusafguy

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 26, 2016

i always smoked chickens cut in half, using kicking chicken seasoning and applewood seasonings together. it was a hit here.

dannylang
i will say I am not a big fan of the applewood chips.  I will just stick to the mesquite chips that I harvest from my pile of fire wood.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.