Charcoal griddled tacos & fajitas!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
We have a local Latin American grocery store, called Ideal Market. They have some really good meats, and we love doing different tacos with what we find there. Tonight was no different, but it came out better than usual. I finally got to use my Christmas present, a griddle from Cabelas. I was really pleased, because it performed about how I envisioned.
733AF2D4-66A9-40CC-A8D5-F188FD7FF2FC.jpeg
Got my Lang chargriller all ready to add my charcoal.

2E2451FA-5866-4DDC-83FA-719DB1B52A95.jpeg
I know I probably used more charcoal than necessary but I wanted to grill the fajita meat directly over the charcoal, and not on the griddle. We like the steak with a little char.
FA4BEF09-A6AD-4BE2-BCEB-C4886419F499.jpeg
we used mission low carb tortillas, and I chopped up green red and orange bell peppers, as well as one yellow onion. Tossed it in some olive oil, salt and lime. Yum! The meats I chose were (as mentioned) marinated fajita skirt steak and the Al Pastor Pork. Now, we always get the fajita steak. It’s incredibly seasoned and makes a wonderful taco. The al pastor was something I never had tried. It was simply minced up marinated pork and onions. Looked good enough to me.
Other than that, everything was pretty straightforward. I bought some of the stores pickled onions, spicy guacamole & pico de Gallo. Also got cotija cheese, I chopped some lettuce, and I chopped a yellow onion, and added cilantro and lime. A taco staple around here.
FBC1C94E-46DA-4625-AA0C-B3A0482AE3C7.jpeg

20870ECA-BB53-4F86-A50E-09266A21CC19.jpeg
the Al pastor, and all of my sautéed veggies fit on the griddle perfectly! And I had room in the back for the fajita steak!
57B1A1D6-D81E-4F12-8CFA-40BE41C71A81.jpeg
A18C1986-08FD-483D-906A-B3EE584D8E57.jpeg Once the meat and veggies were cooked, I just tossed the fajitas on the griddle for a few seconds a side. Really like my new griddle!!
A193AA9F-5A43-4FEB-9DAC-438157521445.jpeg
Starting to get hungry!
C3B97EA1-EB4F-466B-93E2-216633359858.jpeg
we did tacos several ways, but here’s a pic I managed to get while we were stuffing our faces. Plenty of delicious leftovers as well!

Last edited:
Looks like you made enough for an army. It all looks killer. Great job. It’s making my mouth water.

Reactions: 73saint
Man that looks killer !! I am a sucker for tacos and fajitas, especially when charcoal and a grill is involved, it brings them to a whole different level.
Awesome job ! I bet the troops were happy !
I want some tacos now lol

Man that all looks fantastic!! Love the fact your load your grill and griddle full enough to feed an army!! That’s what I do too lol.

Looks like you made enough for an army. It all looks killer. Great job. It’s making my mouth water.
Thanks, yeah I’ve never been too good at cooking small. Ha!
Man that looks killer !! I am a sucker for tacos and fajitas, especially when charcoal and a grill is involved, it brings them to a whole different level.
Awesome job ! I bet the troops were happy !
I want some tacos now lol
Thanks Magic! Everyone is “food drunk” and quite happy, yes.
Man that all looks fantastic!! Love the fact your load your grill and griddle full enough to feed an army!! That’s what I do too lol.
Heck yeah jcam! We love leftovers around here! Especially tacos and fajitas.
Yep! I'm in! Great looking stuff man!
Thanks sow!

What a fine looking griddle meal! The fact that you used charcoal instead of propane for heat is even better. Great work bud and congratulations on the well deserved rotator ride.

Man that looks good! Love the char on the meat. You definitely had your griddle full... if I did that I'd need side rails so I didn't lose it over the sides!

Ryan

Looks excellant
Thanks smokerjim!
Nice work bud . Looks great .
Thanks Chop, appreciate it bud...
Man o man all that looks amazing. Nice work bud
Thanks TN!
Man that looks good! Love the char on the meat. You definitely had your griddle full... if I did that I'd need side rails so I didn't lose it over the sides!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, yeah it was definitely tight. I like the word utilization lol
That Looks Mighty Tasty, Saint !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!
Looks outstanding, great work and congrats on the ride!
Thanks tander!
Damn saint looks great! Another fine cook knocked out of the park. Congratulations on the ride
Thanks SmokinVol! I appreciate that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky