Char-Griller Smokin Pro 830 with side firebox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did all the Mods that I found, not sure from who....but he had just awesome instructions and pics. I modified the flue to the cook surface, I installed the baffle and tuning plates, I installed the digital thermometer port below the handle, I installed two temp guages on either side, i sealed the file box to cook box mating surface, I modified the charcoal grate... I have been experimenting with different charcoal and minion method.... I can get about 3 hr burn without much fuss, and can maintain a 5-10 degree differential from side to side. I just added water pan in the middle, I think the next mod is to make a charcoal basket. Also, might try straight wood cooking with oak. I bought this unit used for $90

Everything I have made on this in the last 4 months since I purchased has been great. I am just addicted... ribs on the 4th!

Tom 

Tom-sounds like you got a good handle on things with those mods.

Now about those Ribs . . .:th_nopicsye3:

Enjoy the 4th!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky