CGSP Mod Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tmw611

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 1, 2008
Liberty Township, Ohio
I am going to add the thermometers to the lid at the grill level. Is there a decent recommended brand of thermometer?

I've looked for a Taylor 814 model but cant find it anwhere except on their website.

I've also noticed that a few of the pictures I've seen look like poeple use a couple of digital probes poked through some sort of weight (looked like a potato). Does that work? Wouldn't see why not.

I just dont want to start drilling a bunch of holes if it is not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

I just added thermos to mine, all I could find locally were a couple thermos for a new holland grill, $10 each ... and they read axactly with my Maverick dig.

Have seen alot of guys use a tater, or a chunk of wood to the thermo... My Maverick came with a clip to attach to the grate, and it works well for me.

Thanks,

I think I saw a dual input digital for about $30. I will probably go that way for now. If it doesn't work out I can still use the thermo for meat.

I got thermometers for my chargriller at walmart for $15 a piece and I'm very happy with them. They are for smokers and charcoal grills. it makes it really nice having a temp. view for each end of the grill. I also found that I was cooking things to fast.

Jason

Just a side item note: putting the probe through a potato or piece of wood keeps the tip from making contact with the grates, which could potentially damage your digital probe, or at least lead to an inaccurate reading.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky