Central Texas greetings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txocelot

Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
Central Texas
Been reading a while and I can't say enough about this community. I am a griller and smoker for a long time and thought I had my stuff together. This place has taken me to new levels.

Short BBQ history..

Been a side box horizontal fan for years. Turned my cheap charbroil into a reverse flow with baffels years ago. Used foil packs with shredded wood from landscaper yard, to get great smoke on my grill and in my horizontal, and really enjoyed the results of heavy white smoke. Even have a dedicated army blanket for the grill that made a world of difference for years.

Now it was time to move up and I wanted gas control. A lot of reading and this place has given me the whole package. I wanted a large cabinet as I like to make a lot at once and cater a large banquet more than once a year. I am also ready to start cold smoking and that wasn't the easiest option staying horizontal on a budget. You guys have really made it easy on me.

I will be posting my build project with pics and qview on a seperate thread. Suffice it to say you guys made it all cone together for me. So far here is my weeks investment and decisions.

Smoke hollow 44 pro series
AMNPS tray package (Todd customized the order without a blink of the eye)
VacMaster 160 (amazing fast service and having "The Bag lady" posting on the forum is amazing)
Mailbox for external mod
Custom steel cart (appropriated from work)
Red oak planks from pallets for shelves (recycled and sealed)

Can't wait to share and learn so much more

TxOcelot

welcome1.gif

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3]Gary[/h3]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky