CELEBRATE SAUSAGE SEASON 3 IS HERE!!! (2022)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
It's that time of year again! October is national Sausage month and Cajuneric has another series qued up....31 episodes! First video hit youtube couple hours ago...

Traditional Italian Salami

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Cajuneric Cajuneric says the problem was not stuffing the salami tight enough by hand. Very plausible. That will contribute to voids in a salami. But with wild fermentation, it could also have been Lactobacillus strains that create CO2 which will create voids. The bacteria which create the eyes in swiss cheese for example, Propionibacterium freundenreichii, releases CO2 into the cheese forming the eyes. There are others....

Anyone have any thoughts on what went wrong?

Today's episode, Oct. 4th, is the reuben sausage.

I Like it! I think I will try a small batch but substitute Canada goose breast meat for the beef. And make it Pastrami sausage....maybe even a snack stick! Might cut it with some pork butt, and add brisket trim fat too (I have some on hand from trimming briskets) Awesome Celebrate Sausage series so far!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky