Chicken Fajita Sausage from Season 3 of Celebrate Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
Season 3 of Celebrate Sausage (thanks Cajuneric Cajuneric ) has already had a couple of inspiring episodes. In addition to this sausage, I've also got a stick of the Mole Salami in the chamber as well.

This one fought me a bit. My chicken skin wasn't frozen hard enough for my grinder (freshly sharpened blade & plate), so I ended up having to break it down and remove the skin that was wrapped around the auger. Fortunately, I have plenty of frozen backfat, so I grabbed some of it to make up for the missing fat.

Instead of cheddar, I used manchego cheese. It was way meltier than cheddar, so I have to be gentle when re-heating.

It's a very tasty chicken sausage, but I'll probably just make fajitas next time...

1665583895710.png
1665583904554.png
1665583913673.png
1665583921456.png

Looks good to me Loyd,

Point for sure

Chris

Reactions: LoydB
Very nice........ Love the butchers twine. Gives it an old school look and its the best way to tie. I always use it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Excellent job on this one and it's one I have always meant to try.

Very nice........ Love the butchers twine. Gives it an old school look and its the best way to tie. I always use it. :emoji_thumbsup:
I usually twist to link natural casings unless I have to repair a blowout, but I tie collagen and the like rather than trying to twist.

This one fought me a bit. My chicken skin wasn't frozen hard enough for my grinder (freshly sharpened blade & plate), so I ended up having to break it down and remove the skin that was wrapped around the auger.
Takes a little more knifework, but I cut the skin down into thin strips, mix it in with the chicken meat. Chill the whole mess down, and it usually goes through the grinder fine that way. The meat helps pull the skin through, I think.

Thanks all! I'm not sure I'll ever do another chicken sausage, but if I do, the skin and fat will be frozen solid first :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky