Cedar plank salmon for dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phil129

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Rio Rancho, NM
Found a nice piece of sockeye at the market today. It's the desert here so I'm excited when the wild stuff is on sale. Had a cedar plank hanging out in the pantry. Made a simple a.p. to season it then basted it with a honey balsamic glaze. Browned up the plank nicely then cooked the salmon for about 20 min. Served with rice and grilled asparagus. Have a great evening all.
IMG_20190822_172159.jpg
IMG_20190822_173417.jpg
IMG_20190822_174543.jpg

Thanks, came out great. My 6 year old has been bugging me for salmon lately. This got his thumbs up approval. Even the dog for a little bit.

Two of our favs. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: phil129
Thanks, came out great. My 6 year old has been bugging me for salmon lately. This got his thumbs up approval. Even the dog for a little bit.

I think this is the highest praise for a cook!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’ll do it for my children at the weekend, I hope they also appreciate it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky