Cayenne ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Got these today to start drying. Man You can't believe how many pepper plants grow from just a few seeds. LOL

I gotta tell ya the story here about these peppers. Three years ago I notice this little plant growing up thru the expansion felt strip in the concrete. The kid that cuts the grass cut it off/down a couple a times with the weed-wacker, then the neighbor sprayed it with Round-Up. It showed up again last year and made 3 peppers which I saved because any plant that can take that much abuse deserves to propagate.

This year laughing about it, I broke one pepper open, grabbed a few seeds (not even 1/2 of 'em) and put with some dirt in a paper cup. They went crazy, so I decided to stick 'em in a pot. I am NOT getting back into gardening!

Well I have about as many as I picked still on the plants still growing and turning, and believe it or not this silly plant just started blooming again after last nights rain storm!  What a plant!

Saving these to dry and crush, maybe add to some "HOT" Cajun smoked sausages......LOL

I am ready to put McIlheny out of business and become the new King of Cajun Cayenne....LOL

I just get into little dumbazz stuff like this.

Last edited:
Jealous. Stuff like this doesn't happen in Canada..
shovel.gif

Cajun sausages sound good to me! Looks like that plant is a survivor!
When I was gardening, all I grew was weeds (well not all). Now that the tractor is out in the barn in totally disrepair, plants are growing in concrete! Gwad, next we'll be using Diet Smith 2-way wrist radio communications devices.

Give it to me... It will be dead in no time......lol

Don't you love it when good stuff happens....
Actually my favor part of planting was when you went out morning and saw all the plants starting to break thru the ground.

Let me show you were all these peppers came from.........  Bahh.. I will load it an a little while.

It was a few of the seeds from that little pepper in the middle....>LOL

Last edited:

COME ON Ice Cream!!!
Had a gent in town from Sweden several years ago that came over to my house for a "Texas BBQ" as he called it.  He'd only been to the US once before, and that was someplace on the East Coast.  He loved the brisket and he fell in love with ABTs.  After he'd eaten 6 or so of the rather spicy (cayenne pepper in the cheese) ABTs, he was sweating and drinking a LOT of beer to cool the burn, I asked him a question that we still laugh about today.

Me:  "Bengt, do you have a refrigerator in your hotel room?"

Bengt:  "Yea, I have one, why?"

Me:  "Well, when  you get back to your room, you'll need to put a roll of toilet paper in the refrigerator."

Bengt: Laughs

The next morning, when we all showed up to the plant, he told me he didn't actually get the joke until around 0600 that morning....  He comes to the US a couple of times a year, and we try to get together if we can, and yes, I make ABTs for him...

OK, these stupid plants are blooming again! That is the third time! 20, 25 new flowers. and more red peppers and green one growing everywhere! This plant is like a blackberry plant! I just thought its seed donor was hearty! 

Flowers

Flowers

Flowers!

You guessed it!

And more peppers peppers everywhere!
If its in a pot move it inside this winter it will keep growing in a sunny window

Jealous. Stuff like this doesn't happen in Canada..
shovel.gif
Canada > Roundup

Pro tip: If the chili is too hot, dairy will put the fire out the quickest. The alcohol in the beer actually bloomed the heat in your friend's palate.

I make a 5 chili infused chocolate and cayenne is only third hottest of the chilies I use. The bird eye and habaneros are only slightly hotter. 
th_violent5.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky