Catfish skinning pliers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluefrog

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Delray Beach, Florida
 saw this recomendation in THE BULLSHEET (the KBS newspaper).  Use catfish skinning pliers to remove the membrane from ribs prior to smoking.  If you arn't familer with catfish skinning pliers go to any bait shop or sporting goods store.  They are only a couple bucks at Walmart.

I have seen this idea posted a few times so i tried it. It works ,but i  still have better results w/ a paper towel.

icon_cool.gif

Now the mambrane on the spare ribs to mw isn't that hrd to get off. I would just work your finger underneath the membrane and then using a paper towel you be able to grab it and pull it off almost in a full sheet. You can use pliers if you want but give the paper towel first after all we all have paper towels.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky