Carne Asada marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texican

Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Marysville, WA
Greetings everyone,

I am going to grill up some Carne Asada (Fajitas to many) and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for the marinade/rub. I used to go to a Carniceria (Mexican meat market) in Escondido, CA and get the "Ya Preparada" (Already prepared) but have not found a good one up hear in Sunny Seattle yet. So I have a good quality meat i am going to marinate and grill up sometime soon.

I have seen a few on other sites but wanted to know if any SMF Amigo's had a good one they have used. 

Gracias,

Texican.

icon_cool.gif

I also use a Mexican store brand for such marindaes in fact I too used one yesterday for last nights dinner. But I don't know I good recipe for a home made marinade.

Greetings everyone,

I am going to grill up some Carne Asada (Fajitas to many) and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for the marinade/rub. I used to go to a Carniceria (Mexican meat market) in Escondido, CA and get the "Ya Preparada" (Already prepared) but have not found a good one up hear in Sunny Seattle yet. So I have a good quality meat i am going to marinate and grill up sometime soon.

I have seen a few on other sites but wanted to know if any SMF Amigo's had a good one they have used. 

Gracias,

Texican.

We know that place. Escondido is only about 30 minutes from here. Send ChefRob a PM he will have a good one for ya. I have some adobo rub that is going on my next one

here's one I use, sorry about the font size - didn't think before I cut and pasted

Carne Asada

3 lb. thinly sliced round steak or loin flap

Mix in large bowl or casserole:

1-1/2 cups olive oil

4 Tbsp. chile powder (1 or several types, total)

3 Tbsp. chopped garlic

1 Tbsp. kosher salt

2 tsp. red pepper flakes

2 Tbsp. lime juice

(red onion pieces if desired)

Coat steak slices well in marinade. Cover and marinate in fridge up to 24 hours.

Cook about 2 min. per side on hot grill.

I used to live in Escondido also, 15 years ago. Try evoo, chile powder, lime juice and jalapeno juice, garlic and onion powder. Let it sit a few hours max or the lime juice will start cooking the meat.

Here's what ya do. get your flank or skirt steak or even a "london broil" sliced across the grain into sheets. For the marinade, combine a half gallon of orange juice, a bunch of orange zest and some slices of the orange you just zested. Toss in some some onion, finely chopped cilantro and some s&p as desired. You can even dash in a little worchester and some hot sauce.. Let this marinate come together for a while then add the meat and let it soak for a few hours or overnight..

I knew this was the right place to come for suggestions! Makes the Chargers losing to the Raiders a little easier. Thanks everyone. I will try them all and hope to see some more. Awesome. G.

I knew this was the right place to come for suggestions! Makes the Chargers losing to the Raiders a little easier. Thanks everyone. I will try them all and hope to see some more. Awesome. G.
Remember the Fire Side Inn? That was my football place. Small world.

just made some last week........

3-4 oranges juiced

2 limes juiced

1/2 c olive oil

1 onion

3 cloves garlic

2-3 japs

1 bunch cilantro

salt/pepper

1 small package of achiote paste

put all in blender and run untill smooth......add a little water if needed

i pound with a malet and then marinate for 2-3 hrs, grill and make sure you have a big stack of warm tortillas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky