• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Carl from Brooklyn

johnnyblaze

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Carl from Brooklyn New York City here. I am new to the forum and to smoking. I just revcieved a 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker as a gift. The first meal I tried was shrimp marinated in a chilie, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, and Olive oil. The flavor was amazing and it was done in 15 minutes.

Tomorrow I am going to smoke a pork butt based in the information found here in the Forum. Thanks everybody for posting and sharing the knowledge.

bladeguy

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 23, 2016
Welcome! I started with pork butt. Great piece of meat to learn on as it is so forgiving.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!

Good luck with that butt & let us know how it turns out!

Al

johnnyblaze

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Thanks Al,
It is starting to rain here just a little, so I placed a patio umbrella above the smoker since it is electric and I don't want the controls to get wet.
After perusing the forum it seems like other people have done similar things to smoke in the rain, I just want to make sure this usage is safe, because the manual clearly states not to operate under any overhangs with less than 10 feet of clearance.

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of          great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.