Carl from Brooklyn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnyblaze

Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
Brooklyn
Carl from Brooklyn New York City here. I am new to the forum and to smoking. I just revcieved a 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker as a gift. The first meal I tried was shrimp marinated in a chilie, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, and Olive oil. The flavor was amazing and it was done in 15 minutes.

Tomorrow I am going to smoke a pork butt based in the information found here in the Forum. Thanks everybody for posting and sharing the knowledge.

Thanks Al,
It is starting to rain here just a little, so I placed a patio umbrella above the smoker since it is electric and I don't want the controls to get wet.
After perusing the forum it seems like other people have done similar things to smoke in the rain, I just want to make sure this usage is safe, because the manual clearly states not to operate under any overhangs with less than 10 feet of clearance.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of          great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky