Can't wait to try out my Christmas gift

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emsdad

Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Hi all, my girlfriend got me the Brinkman vertical 2-door smoker for Christmas this year.  Spent half the day at work yesterday reading this site and getting super excited to start smoking tasty meat!

I plan to do the necessary mods to my smoker right off the bat.  Who am I to ignore all the great experience and advice on this page?

Any suggestions on what I should try smoking first once I've cured the smoker?

I live in Western WA, so the weather is a bit wet and chilly, but that's not going to stop me from trying this puppy out.

Lastly, I'm trying to sign up for the eCourse, but I'm getting an error 522 timeout message.  Can any of the mods point me to the course or let your host ISP know something is wrong?

Thanks!

-Jess

Welcome to the forums.  Congrats on the new smoker. 
icon14.gif
  I would like to suggest the "Fattie" for your first smoke.  Don't forget the q-view!

GL and Happy Smokin'!

Last edited:
Welcome to the group Jess!  Congrats on that new smoker!  Lots of newbies smoke chicken wings, thighs, or other parts for their maiden run.  Pork butt is also pretty good, or as Bradley suggested, a fattie.

Sorry I can't help with the technical difficulty accessing the e-Course...if a mod doesn't respond soon, just PM one of them.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky