Cant wait til the weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdmc0

Original poster
May 21, 2007
mannford oklahoma
This weekend we are having a family father's day gathering and I get to smoke. I am planning on smoking 1 eight pound brisket, 2 fatties, 1 big bag of chicken thigh/legs, 1 4 pound bologna, a small raccoon and a batch of the wicked baked beens that everyone talks about on here and wherever there is room i will toss in some burgers and hotdogs. Cant wait!

Good Luck to you and your big smoke. Plan for the time needed... I hear that coon takes a tremendous amount of time to get just right, lol. Let us know how it turns out.... and bring some pics with ya if you can.

Keep Smokin

Definitely plan out and know your times...you can do it all...just know what and when.

Most important.....chicken on bottom. I love the fact you are doing a bologna - I'm still trying to convine my wife to let me do one.

Racoon.....I have no idea.
tongue.gif

Hey that sounds like my smoke for this weekend

11 lb brisket
5 fatties
2 racks of spares
1 turkey
and then....WHOA

Did you just say racoon????

Maybe they're not so similar...

Oh well... Good smokin to ya!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

lol yeah i said raccoon.........this will be a first for me....never tried it....they were getting my chickens now i got them. I am going to parboil it friday night in some choice seasonings and then finish it off in the smoker saturday.
My smoker is a New Braunfels Longhorn deluxe
720d786b_vbattach12933.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky