• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cant wait til the weekend

jdmc0

Joined May 21, 2007
This weekend we are having a family father's day gathering and I get to smoke. I am planning on smoking 1 eight pound brisket, 2 fatties, 1 big bag of chicken thigh/legs, 1 4 pound bologna, a small raccoon and a batch of the wicked baked beens that everyone talks about on here and wherever there is room i will toss in some burgers and hotdogs. Cant wait!

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
Good Luck to you and your big smoke. Plan for the time needed... I hear that coon takes a tremendous amount of time to get just right, lol. Let us know how it turns out.... and bring some pics with ya if you can.

Keep Smokin

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 17, 2006
Sounds like a good time! Hope all turns out well, keep us posted on the outcome.

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2007
Definitely plan out and know your times...you can do it all...just know what and when.

Most important.....chicken on bottom. I love the fact you are doing a bologna - I'm still trying to convine my wife to let me do one.

Racoon.....I have no idea.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Sounds like a great weekend
Just how big a smoker you got?

crownovercoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Hey that sounds like my smoke for this weekend

11 lb brisket
5 fatties
2 racks of spares
1 turkey
and then....WHOA

Did you just say racoon????

Maybe they're not so similar...

Oh well... Good smokin to ya!!!

jdmc0

Joined May 21, 2007
lol yeah i said raccoon.........this will be a first for me....never tried it....they were getting my chickens now i got them. I am going to parboil it friday night in some choice seasonings and then finish it off in the smoker saturday.
My smoker is a New Braunfels Longhorn deluxe
720d786b_vbattach12933.jpg

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.